1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Why Monday?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by suarezlfc, Jan 30, 2011.

1. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

Reading on the BBC that Abramovich is expected to make an offer for Torres on Monday having being told by Liverpool that only 50m or 40m plus Anelka will be accepted. So, now he knows what he has to offer, why does it take him an extra day to do it?
    Get it done today and we can bring somebody in tomorrow.

2. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

I just hope we are looking, not concerned with money but looking, a lot of people have banged on about Llorente and we know he would be a lot of money. What about Kiessling from Leverkusen, a similar player to llorente for me, good size and would be good foil for Suarez. Also part of that German team who play the attacking style we so crave at Liverpool.

3. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

4. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

I hope we're looking too. We should be ready to snap somebody up the moment he leaves, if indeed he does leave this window. We don't want to suddenly start scrambling for somebody with 2 hours left in the window.

I wouldn't be surprised if this Torres business has thrown the board off their other dealings with bringing players in though.

5. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Ya, I know they want to bring youth, good price, etc..... but they also don't want to see us slip down the table or take a massive moral blow from Torres. I think there are enough Strikers out there who would come, just hope we have enquired about them...... new problem is teams will know we are desperate and will ask crazy figures.....

6. crazyhorsealegend

i would love it if barca came in with 60mil in the last minute.that would really stick one on chelski!!!!

7. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Don't think Barca have 60 mil!! Although did they not sell their shirt sponsorship to some group from Dubai for like 100 mil or something crazy?

8. Sharpe*

Sharpe* Senior Member

People we have a replacement- his name is Suarez! Anelka as his partner in crime. We need to grab a late winger.

9. King_Kenny

King_Kenny Member

I really really think we need a defender to be honest!

10. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

With 40m and anelka, I'd say a winger and a defender would be priorities, I agree. Hopefully get both for 30m and then use the 10 plus whatever else we're looking to spend in the summer, or if a decent player becomes available up front. Remember we'd still only have n'gog and kuyt as back up if the two up top get injured.

11. crazyhorsealegend

dont no couldnt answer that one.but knowing barca they would get the money from somewhere but anyway it was only a tongue and cheek suggestion

12. crazyhorsealegend

dont no cant answer that one but if they want him i am sure they could come up with the money from somewhere,but it was only a tongue in cheek suggestion!!!

13. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

They did play hardball over Mascherano though, despite throwing 35m at Valencia in the same window. They'll only come in for him in the summer though, if at all. So they might not get chance. However, you'd think Torres would rather go there, where a trohpy is pretty much guaranteed, than to Chelsea, where it currently isn't.

14. crazyhorsealegend

i would like to see kenny play johnson right midfield and tearing up the wing.like to see the kid brown get a chance in defence.you got aurellio left back, carra agger centre backs and kelly.you kyriakos skyrtl ayarla as cover

15. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

You have to give him 24 hours to extort the funds

16. crazyhorsealegend

Hi ya bozz what you reackon gonna happen on the torres front?
    Cant believe man u drew crawley in the cup,all they need is howard webb to be the ref!!!!!

17. Bozz

Bozz Well-Known Member

I can't beilive he wants to leave THIS window. A request for the summer would have been a lot better for him, the club and the fans. There have been reports that chelsea have been tapping him up, if that's the case then they need to be reported as this behaviour has to stop! At the end of the day the ball is in our court, we've managed with one striker for the last god knows how long so what's another few months with Torres in the reserves and we're not desperate for the funds... In fact I wouldn't listen to any offer until the summer just to make a point.

And as for the draw... I'm actually happy man utd got crawley. Regardless of man utd's oppenant they would have got through and at least this way crawley pocket some cash as well

18. LFC4life

LFC4life New Member

erm at a guess i would say the lack of anybody working a sunday at FA HQ to file the transfer paperwork with????

adios nando, dont let the door hit your ass on the way out

19. Muppetfinder General

Muppetfinder General Well-Known Member

Another £10m would help in convincing another club to part with a striker Kenny fancies, an investment rather than a panic swap like Anelka. Anybody we could get in the summer for £20m we could possibly get right now for £30m.

20. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

However, the reverse of the above is that on the last day of the window a lot of business is done frantically, so maybe they'll be one or two good deals to look at.

Some clubs may be looking to cash in quickly and get a couple of new faces in, so may sell a bit more cheaply than they might have done say two weeks ago, albeit not as cheap as in the summer.

But i imagine the people we're looking at (and rightly so) will be key players for the teams they're currently at, so won't come cheap. The board have said they'll look for quality and value, so I trust themto make the right decision, whether that means bringing a couple in or bringing nobody in.