1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Why Lambert should be praised

Discussion in 'Aston Villa' started by granddiamondwit, Jun 27, 2013.

1. granddiamondwit

granddiamondwit New Member

2. Larry-AV

Larry-AV Well-Known Member

Thanks for that article, granddiamondwit, it is a good summary of last Season. <ok>

3. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

PL is a manager who very much believes in making his players believe in themselves, and he is clearly pretty good at. Look at what he did with us! Took a load of L1 players to the PL, and survived (quite easily in the end). Those players were not, and never will be household names (in most cases) but they all worked together with the belief that they could compete at the higher level, and compete they did.

You have a good manager but my only question about him is, and was in the first season in the PL, could he managed bigger ego's in a squad? Until that is answered, we will never really know just how far he will take his managerial career.

4. Larry-AV

I don't think Paul Lambert would tolerate 'big ego' players.

Take Darren Bent. He must have thought he would be a permanent fixture in the team, but he did not fit into the game-plan and was constantly left on the bench, or not selected at all.

Paul Lambert's team and squad is in the same mould as Ron Saunders' team and squad - relatively unknown and no 'big egos' - but awash with good team players.

The current players will 'grow up together' under Paul Lambert and hopefully, reach the heights of Ron Saunders' illustrious predecessors.

5. granddiamondwit

Really appreciate the feedback mate, thanks.

6. granddiamondwit

I agree, and, as a Newcastle fan, am quite nervous about his potential arrival. Ego is clearly the problem - no coincidence that he's been transferred so often despite his decent goal record.

Charles N'Zogbia another classic example. Clearly has talent, but most of the time his attitude is terrible and he doesn't look like he wants to be there.

I think PL's team building is very impressive and the fact he's not afraid to leave these two players out should be lauded.

7. Larry-AV

8. Larry-AV

I was going to post this here yesterday, but kept getting a warning from Google that NOT606 was an 'Attack Site' !

17/09/2014 : AVFC - Club statement: Paul Lambert

Aston Villa can confirm that manager Paul Lambert's contract has been extended to June 2018.

This is the correct attitude and ambition for Aston Villa :

"We {Lerner, Lambert, Fox} have a long-term vision for Villa and Paul is completely integrated into our plan to manage the Club carefully and ambitiously back to a position in the Barclays Premier League appropriate to our history and collective expectations." - Tom Fox, CEO.