1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours WHY ARE WE

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Diego, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

So **** at selling players. We virtually gave Nani and Hernandez away when you compare there fees for similar players, now we are selling McNair for £5m and Love for under £1m.
    I am all for letting unused players move on to further their career but these prices are ridiculous when compared to others in the same position.

2. Stan

Stan Stalker

£5m for McNair is decent. He's done the square root of **** all so far.

Nani and Hernandez were giveaways though.

Maybe their wages were so astronomical that the club were happy to let them go ASAP!

3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I would have like somewhere between £8m and £10m for McNair given his age and the fact he is actually quite good (certainly PL standard), I have a theory that Hernandez and Nani were let go cheap to get them out of the PL because I am sure there would have been plenty of interest here.

4. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Given we only paid £10m for Smalling, who was heavily in demand at the time, it's hard to argue we could get that much for McNair after deeming him surplus to requirements. Ultimately we'd have gotten more money for him if anyone barring Sunderland had been interested.

We didn't get much for Hernandez as he'd had a couple of seasons of poor form for us and Real which meant no top clubs were all that interested. I reckon Nani was just forced out by LVG for being far to attacking...

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Sky are reporting McNair is £5m + £2m clauses http://www.skysports.com/transfer/n...utds-paddy-mcnair-and-donald-love-sky-sources

As for Nani and Hernandez - they both apparently were on £100k+ p/w and the low fees were the only way anyone would sign them.

6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

In that case Pogba must be on 2p a week because we've paid a fcking fortune for him!

Lovearsenalcock and Diego like this.