1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Why are we the only fans on here?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by MattTheTiger, Feb 9, 2011.

1. MattTheTiger

MattTheTiger Well-Known Member

With 606 closing soon we jumped over to here but looking at the rest of the championship nobody elses fans seems to have done the same :/ this is the 474th thread on our board which is almost 5 times the amount of leicester who have 90 something. Why does it seem like we're the only championship club that has jumped ship?

2. RicardoHCAFC

RicardoHCAFC Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Either they've gone elsewhere or it's the same old story about how we'll do something about problems before it's too late and everyone else just sits back and lets things happen.

Take bubblewrap games as another example, everyone else just accepts it and complains amongst themselves. WYP try to bubblewrap us for one game and there's protest groups and petitions, letters to MPs etc which force them to back down.

In terms of this site it's quite good we have come across this early and left the rest of them. Given the downtime we have had can you imagine the server problems there's have been if the whole of 606 had come across in one go? I just hope they're going to be ready for the mass influx at the end of the season.

3. Boothferry2Wembley

Boothferry2Wembley Well-Known Member

We lead, others follow.
    The others will get here in the end.

Also we had more problems with the mods than fans of other clubs.

Whilst it was ok for the bbc to put news stories concering Marlon King in the public domain, we were not allowed to comment on them or even mention his name in a thread.
    Hypocrisy of the highest order.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I've been looking at some of the comments on the other clubs 606 boards and some people have been put off by the first people on their board here just posting stuff like, tit, ****, bollocks, just because they could. You'd think they'd realise that the novelty of this would soon wear off, but it seems not.

They'll have no choice in a few months, so I expect they'll switch then.

There's also a new site called new606, but there was no-one on it last time I looked.

5. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

It only seems to have taken off with Newcastle, Sunderland and City supporters.

New606 is still yet to take off with any fan base whatsoever.

As for 606, the Hull forum is down to one thread per day.

6. mark2112

mark2112 Member

Why are we the only fans on here?

Because....... we are 'ull we are 'ull :emoticon-0100-smile

7. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

Are you asking for eastyorkshirewhite and bangin_tunes to come here? Thinking of it I wouldn't mind a bit of entertainment

8. Horsham_Tiger

Horsham_Tiger Well-Known Member

It's down to OLM I think. He kept suggesting we came here and the other major contributors agreed. Fair play.

9. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

I saw a post from a L**ds fan saying this site was causing computers to crash due to some virus,or something like that.I don't what he was going on about but maybe it's scared a few of them off.

10. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

I think there are two main reasons for this...

1) Some of the old timers such as OLM and others jumped on this straight away and got it going.

2) For me the most important people like myself saw this place as a new chance and started posting. On 606 i had being reading for months and i felt that now with not606 we have a chance of giving this site a go and a chance to post about the club i so dearly love!

UTT and our board!