1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Why are are 19 and 20 year olds always "too young" ?

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Jan 4, 2017.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Delle Alli is one hell of a player. Was he better as a 19 year old than Tammy Abraham ? I doubt it.
    But he was put in the first team, given experience, and is now one of the most valuable players in the PL.
    As was Rooney, Harry Kane etc.
    But never at our place.
    Time for a rethink??

2. Sidney Fiddler

Sidney Fiddler Well-Known Member

I think Roman demands instant sustained success . Your managers are under massive pressure to perform .
    With an unlimiteded budget they have to deliver or its the guillotine . For Spurs bringing on young players is a matter of economics , they generally need more time and that is something your managers don't have .
    If you sell your soul to the devil , that will buy you continue silverware but can't buy you love .

Chin up
    Sid

Last edited: Jan 5, 2017
  3. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

I'll take the trophies. Chin up.

4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Whose love are we trying to buy?
    Chelsea FC already has the love its fans, doubt CFC, or us, give a **** about anyone else's love.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  5. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Yep, exactly. We don't want anyone else's love.

6. chelsea - over 100 years of history

In fact there seems to be a direct correlation between our success and how much other fans dislike us. Long may it continue and long may Spurs be many other fans' second club....<laugh>

The Ginger Marks and Blueman like this.
  7. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Sidney, by the way, where I'm from we spell it Sydney, despite the slightly unkind words from my fellow Chelsea posters, I think you are 100% right. Even when the Club says they are in "for the long haul", within a couple of months we slip back to buying proven players and leave the kids on the sidelines. Hard to argue with the results though, as pointed out we have the trophies.
    My thoughts are that the money will continue to triumph until there is legislation that makes teams play ALL their nominated squad players a certain number of times per season. I'm not holding my breath, but would like to see some move to control the rampant spendfest, not so much at Chelsea anymore, but worldwide, especially China.