1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who's hot and who is not

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Gasheadseamge79, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just out of curiosity fellow gasheads which of the new players have impressed you and which ones have not. For me Lee Brown has been the best signing which is a surprise seeing as he only played one game of league football until he came to us, Cian Bolger I didn't think much of him last season when he was on loan but now I feel is our best centre back, Mustapha Carayol looks quite handy on the wing, Matt Harrold up front hasn't really put a foot wrong yet he just needs a bit more service and help from the referee and I’m sure he can bag us 20+ goals come the end of the season. Craig Stanley in pre-season for me was not overly impressive but now looks quite a handy player tidying up in midfield. Joe Anyinsah looks quite a handy player in the games he's played in for us can't wait to have him back in the team. Scott Bevan not sure about him bit of a flapper like Steve Philips good shot stopper but not so confident on crosses. Matt Gill needs to work on his set pieces did expect more from him to be honest as he's quite an experienced player, Scott Mcgleish needs to play up front he's not a left winger. Adam Virgo very disappointed to be honest looks to slow, Michael Smith so far so good and lastly Chris Zebroski I must say is a major disappointment for me, would love to know how he got 15 goals last season don’t know of many players out there who keep putting in poor performances and still get picked, I hope he proves me wrong.

2. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Plus: Lee Brown, Harrold, Bolger, Bevan, McGleish, Gill
    Unsure: Carayol, Virgo, Stanley, Anyinsah
    Minus: Cronin, Smith, Zebroski

Would like to see Boateng and McLaggon given an outing.

3. Chris-Gashead

Chris-Gashead Well-Known Member

PLus: Lee Brown has been our best player so far this season for me <ok> W. Brown has shown promise as usual but should only be used in an attacking side and not a defensive side like we tried at Crawley! Harrold obviously been very good so far, and Stanley for me has been great so far <ok> Carayol on his day is also very good, but it doesnt help when he is taken off after 10 mins (Crawley) Young Richards has looked good when he has come on so far this season.

Unsure: Gill - Doesnt look like the player everyone was raving about. Bevan seems to drop a lot of catches, but is fantastic at pens, Anyinsah (or something like that!) looked very good when he was on, but is injured all the time. Smith is good going forward, but doesnt look great defending.

Minus - The 2 CB's Virgo and Anthony look very dodgy together IMO.

The rest missed from this list are also unsures.

4. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Very true Anthony and Virgo seem not to communicate very well, maybe when Sawyer is back then we could shove him in the center of defence, if I remember rightly last season he didn't do a bad job in that postion.

5. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

Plus:
    Harrold,we`ve been crying out for a big man up front since Sir Rickie left and he`s doing well.
    McGleish, Good to have his experience but I don`t think his legs will last the season.
    Bevan, The odd drop catch but overall he`s ok bearing in mind his confidence relys to a large extent on the defenders in front of him <yikes>
    Bolger, looks steady.
    Gill, ok
    Stanley, Like him, not afraid to stick a leg in.
    L. Brown, Agree with others, the best so far.

The others could do better. I`ll reserve judgement on individuals for now.

Lets get some perspective we`ve played 6 league games won 2 lost 2 drawn 2. The lads showed some fight coming back from 2-0 to Orient in the cup but the Crawley result and performance was a real kick in the teeth. PB`s management skills will be given their 1st real test now he has to lift the lads after a **** 90mins. Dropping points against Hereford was a bitch but it was just our luck to play them after they had put in a terriffic performance agains Villa a few days before. Losing to Torquay was PB`s destiny<grr>

6. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

HAVE I GOT THE WRONG IDEA?

please log in to view this image

7. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

I wish I knew how to paste a pretty face on Mrs CJS`s body <whistle>

8. Steven Royston O'Neill

Steven Royston O'Neill Well-Known Member

9. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Have a break.....:emoticon-0107-sweat

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

<grr> where did you get that pic from :emoticon-0107-sweat

:emoticon-0135-makeu

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

at least i have a mrs ;) dont reply YOBG. save your breath as you will need it to inflate your date later <laugh>