1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who's had the best transfer window out of the premier league teams thus far

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Matth_2014, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

I hope so.

2. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

You do realise hiab knows nothing about football?

3. Matth_2014

Matth_2014 Well-Known Member

I thought he did to be fair.

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  4. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I agree with @Matth_2014 Everton and West Ham have bought some good players, doesn't mean they'll win the league but it may mean they are a lot better this coming season.

5. The Ginger Marks

Why don't you start a Victor Lindelof thread?

6. The Ginger Marks

IMG_2388.JPG

Blueman and commachio like this.
  7. I'm sorry, Matth, but on this occasion I simply cannot do that.

8. <whistle>

NSIS likes this.
  9. Cheers, Matth.

Don't listen to all the HIAGster haters. They fear my wit, and for good reason - if I was as dense as they are, I'd live in constant fear of someone like me.

Also, don't you always find that it's the ones who constantly belittle others for having a poor knowledge of football who are, themselves, completely clueless?

Unbelievable, mate.

10. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

I am sure HIAG would have been slating Arsenal.
    Although, in his defence (spit), Spurs have kept together a team that finished 2nd and challenged (ish) for the title.
    Where as, if Arsenal had signed no one, they would have merely kept together a side that cost 5 times as much, and finished 5th.
    So wouldnt be quite the same :p

Just saying

SpursDisciple likes this.

11. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Building a team of cheap youngsters who achieve nothing is so 2008. Been there, done that.

12. In my defence?

That's the whole thrust of my argument, Bodi.

We have a successful squad (by Spurs' historical standards). Which players do you think would improve our current squad, that their current club would be prepared to sell to us? How much do you reckon it would cost for us to get those players?

I like the fact that Poch isn't buying players simply for the sake of buying players.

13. That's a telling comment, Cini.

It is my very firm belief that, secretly, you revere this young Poch-led Spurs side in much the same way as you did your "invincible" side, because you know that this bunch of young lads is going to push on to ever-greater things.

You don't need to respond, Cini, because I respect the fact that you cannot give Spurs that kind of credit or acknowledgement.

It can be something that you and I implicitly acknowledge between us, yeah.

14. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Well most people would class success as winning a competition, which you have failed to do so far, although the current Spurs team is highly capable of bringing home a pot.
    I still think you need freshen the squad up a little, though, complacency and all that, plus, as I have said many times, you have 38 away games this season.

The question is not what players would improve your current squad that their current club would sell to you, its what players would improve your squad that you could afford, both in transfer fees and wages, since Spurs are not competitive in either department with the rest of the top 6.
    That will go against you eventually.

15. Again, I don't see how Poch is going to get the quality of player that we need to come into our squad to play a part-time role.

Prices are stupid at the moment; and as soon as a club like Spurs starts to looks at an established player, he's not thinking "Excellent! I'll go to Spurs to sit on the bench and take bench-warmer wages!"

No, he's going to suddenly get a dose of Billy Big Bollocks Syndrome, and think that he's a shoe-horn into the starting XI.

That leaves us potentially scrapping the barrel for stocking-filler material, which I don't want the club to buy. I'd much rather see us give chances to our numerous Academy players.

16. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Surely Spurs still need a back-up striker which would give them the option to play two up front as well. Matth's bum chum Chicarito would have been a good fit IMO at an affordable price.

The team is excellent. The squad is not.

bulletinthehead and BobbyD like this.
  17. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Agreed. I wanted us to sign him when Utd sold him. He scores goals wherever he goes.

18. The Ginger Marks

Morelike fear pulling into a lay-by in Hampshire.

19. The Ginger Marks

Successful in regards to what? Certainly not trophies, maybe you mean in embarrassment in Europe?

Ps. Plumbers and postmen.

20. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

He wouldnt have been a bad shout.
    I'd have taken him at Chelsea and given him some game time, to see what what he could do.
    Always looked a good player, he was just unfortunate that when he joined United, United had Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo in their pomp. He was never going to get a decent look in there.