1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who would you want to talk to ??

Discussion in 'Watford' started by yorkshirehornet, Jul 25, 2017.

1. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

2. yorkshirehornet

Public figure
    For me.. I would ask to speak to God.... and see who turned up.....;)

Personal
    My Dad... things to say and as he died when I was not quite an adult some making up to do..

Football living
    Luther ( interesting counterpoint to my choice above!!)

Football RIP
    GT

3. zen guerrilla

zen guerrilla Well-Known Member

Only one person? Currently I would chose Napoleon Bonaparte.

Using Yorkie's public, personal and football idea I would plump for Napoleon again, my father and, like Yorkie, Luther or perhaps John Barnes.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  4. hornethologist a.k.a. theo

hornethologist a.k.a. theo Well-Known Member

Plato, Alfred the Great, Shakespeare, Charles Darwin, C.L.R. James...the trouble with this commonly asked question is that it's almost impossible to limit the answer to one person. The more you think about it, the more individuals there are you'd love to have spoken to.

5. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Public Figure: Sam Harris
    Personal: my Mum: I didn't take the opportunity to speak to her properly when I could have done near the end. One of my very few regrets in life.
    Football living: Tony Coton
    Football RIP: Bert Trautmann

6. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

The music teacher from Wardie Primary School in Edinburgh who dragged me to the front of the P5 class on my first day there, and gave me six hits with the tawse on each hand for the heinous crime of being unable to read music.

I'd tell her what a bitch she was for making me unable to read music to this day, then advise her not to sit too close to that clifftop...

7. yorkshirehornet

i had a similar experience BB.... a spinster called Miss Wraith who laughed at me in front of my whole class when she got me to sing out loud and then I was made to mime in all productions afterwards. I had to play the triangle. My school report for that years has stayed with me to this day.<wah>

Singing: Only fair. He has joined the percussion group

My career as a musiciant was thwarted and the only instrument I can play is air guitar

8. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I would also want to speak to my father. He died while I was still a teenager, and I wasn't always the best of sons. He had a rough old time of it, and his way of dealing with it was to never talk about it. Over the years I have learnt more about his early life, and would like the chance to speak again. Big regret.
    Football: I would have loved to quiz GT and Elton. There was a powerful chemistry between them.
    Social: Albert Schweitzer. A great musician who was prepared to give up his fame and fortune, put his life at risk, and help people suffering from horrible diseases.

9. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

My brother who was killed in a car crash in 1967. Other than that Leo Tolstoy or Peter Kropotkin. In football it would be GT. and Luther and the great Johann Cruyff. Also Buffy St. Marie. Lastly the mother of one of my students (Silke) preferably with a large aphrodisiac in reserve :emoticon-0105-wink:

10. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

Now there's an name I haven't heard for a while. distinctively voiced folk singer, Soldier Blue theme being her most famous song? An ex of mine in the dim and distant was a big, big fan of hers!

11. Jsybarry

Jsybarry Well-Known Member

Also using Yorkie's categories:

Public figure
    Rasputin - how much of his legend was propaganda and how much fact?

Personal
    My paternal Grandad... he died when my Dad was 6 and my Uncle 2, so just finding out something about what he was like would be nice.

Football living
    Hope Powell, to find out the battles she had to go through in her early days as England Ladies manager to get them to the point where they were able to challenge for honours. As a non-white woman, I would imagine that some of those battles would be from within the FA.

Football RIP
    Sir Alf

12. yorkshirehornet

Was listening to her this morning 'The dream tree' on a compilation album....

God Is Alive, Magic Is Afoot blew me away in 1969 I guess when she played at a UK festival but i cant remember which....
    She is 76 now

upload_2017-7-26_16-22-31.jpeg

She is still going strong i see:

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/schedule-...arie-i-don-t-believe-in-burning-out-1.3072192