1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WHO WILL BE THE NEW MANAGER?

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, Dec 7, 2015.

1. pembs jack

pembs jack Active Member

Confirmed, guidelines signs 2 year contact..sky sports news

2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Not convinced, but lets go for it and see what happens.

3. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I'm never convinced , but we have a expierenced manager who has almost a half season already under his belt with an opportunity to built his own team in the summer . It's a good scenario leading into unconvinced IMO

4. trundles left foot

That's the bit I am not convinced about, Ayew has done more in 2 matches as our striker than Paloschi has in 10 or so games. I just hope he doesn't just go to Italy and sign average Serie a players as he seems to have done with his one signing. Lets give hi the chance and see how he does next season.

5. seabreeze

More than a bit unfair , Paloschi never had even a remote sniff of service Ayew had his last 2 games . But I expect a lot of " Microscoping " of Paloschi and Guidolin . Paloschi has 2 goals in 7 starts under the worst service possible . Over a season even. that's closing in on 11 goals ,

6. trundles left foot

I don't think it is unfair, I think it my assessment of what I have seen watching him. he is an average striker, who may get 8 or 9 a season for me. To his credit he works exceptionally hard and I like that, he is a little light and does get bullied a bit by centre halves. His touch is ok and he can bring people in. I just haven't seen anything that would suggest there is enough goals in him to be anywhere near a starter for us next season. Saying that as a second or third choice he would be ok.

As someone said I want people to sign who are an improvement on what we have not on a par and whilst he is better than gomis (that isn't difficult) there are a lot more out there who would be an improvement on him. I just hope Guidolin doesn't just go back to average Italian clubs and bring in a few from there. I hope his knowledge of further a field is good and we don't become Udinese b team.

Good luck to him and I hope he is a success.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  7. seabreeze

We need our whole team to improve , for Paloschi to show what he has
    Look how Siggy has improved since Guidolin showed up .I
    If Paloschi was playing those last two games , he would have had a field day too Imo

8. trundles left foot

Anyway roof we will have to wait and see, what is coming in at least he can plan now, lets hope he gets the backing financially from the club and not on a shoestring again.

9. seabreeze

I read somewhere that he is getting a pretty good war chest for players , which was a bit surprising .
    I'll wait for a quote before I believe it ....cheers

10. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Not 100% convinced, but he has my full support <ok>

11. trundles left foot

I am still 50/50 whether this will work but he is now our manager on a 2 year and I will get behind him and I hope it works for the clubs sake.

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  12. NorfolkSwan

NorfolkSwan Well-Known Member

2 years sends a strong message to the players, and will give him the confidence needed. I'm just hopeful that the recent few games are him finally 'clicking' with the league and understanding our players.

I can understand his "reserved" style of play after arriving and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Here's to next season! :)

neveroffsidereff and seabreeze like this.
  13. trundles left foot

Lets hope we don't play with that reserved style until we are mathematically safe again next year, that could be a lot of boring football. Didn't they say the same when they gave Monk a 3 year contract.

Sorry being a bit pessimistic here, just cant convince myself about this.

14. seabreeze

I'm banking on his expierence in the transfer market , and his 16 games expierence with us already , to be in a position to fix things better than anyone come summer .Here's hoping , I've no love affair with Guidolin , only his scenario toward us when he came in . We would have been foolish to not sign a manager who was brought in with 16 games remaining . And it's not just about the success he had getting points , it's more about knowing what's wrong from being in charge those 16 games and being able to benefit from that knowledge come summer with the rebuild .

swan_and_only likes this.
  15. NorfolkSwan

NorfolkSwan Well-Known Member

No, that's fair. Thing is I'm attributing his reserved style early doors down to the relegation concerns combined with a lack of knowledge of the league, the club and the players (not an easy job)

Monk knew all of that, so the boring football there was more of a mystery and frustration to me.

16. seabreeze

Well good luck to old Guidolin working on all our dreams for the club , cause it's just not his Premier League dream he is working on . Seems a well connected and respected guy , can't hurt type of traits .
    Jenkins said of Guidolin , but I think it was meant for Rodgers " He was prepared to come in at a very difficult time ........" Something Rodgers wasn't prepared to do
    Anybody hear anything on how Curtis might or might not fit into all this ?

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  17. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Right it has all been confirmed now and like some im 50/50 but i think jinx had to give him a chance because of past results and that is fair. I hope we can all accept and get behind Guildo now no matter our personal opinions, Good luck Boss do your stuff and welcome now to the family as an official jack Bastard. You will be judged fairly and praised when things go well and criticized when they don't... IN GUILDO WE TRUST.....for now.!

18. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

He is highly likely to be second choice, we have got to get a competent finisher this summer, someone of Bony's quality is a must, and it will happen, once we offload that 'Donkey' who shall not be named..................<ok>

swan_and_only and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  19. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

What Gomis!!!!

20. Rhodthesod

Rhodthesod Well-Known Member

Along with Curtis he saved us and deserves a chance. He has a great track record with tight budgets in the unfancied clubs in Italy. We should be chuffed. Overall I am but will still have some concerns over the strange tactics but give him a chance and our backing.