1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WHO WILL BE OUR NEXT COACH?

Discussion in 'Watford' started by yorkshirehornet, May 17, 2017.

1. brian_66_usa

brian_66_usa Well-Known Member

2. Markthehorn

Markthehorn Well-Known Member

Mexican Hornet likes this.
  3. Markthehorn

4. Mexican Hornet

Mexican Hornet Well-Known Member

Will have a look for it...

5. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

Most German managers believe in a high pressing game. Jürgen Klopp has said that the opposition is never as vulnerable as when they have just won the ball, and tackling back close to the opposite penalty area replaces lots of tedious midfield play - Roger Schmidt is like a poor man's Klopp. Having said that, there is often no plan B. This is why Liverpool have problems with teams that 'park the bus'. On the whole a good appointment - not his fault that he managed Leverkusen !!!

Hornette_TID likes this.
  6. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

Interesting to see about Slotty "He seems more interested than the club". Maybe he should go the Mourinho route and do a sales pitch :1980_boogie_down:.

I imagine he would be the cheapest option. And he might take a one year with bothways option so avoid the big payout when sacking time comes around next year :emoticon-0105-wink:

But great to see that they appear to be getting on with it.

On Duxbury I think he did very well. He talked about WM who has gone but without sticking the knife in. (After all we'd all be happy if he went to another prem job - easy 6 pts for us <laugh>) As for the players that should be left for the new guy. A clean sheet and all that. So Duxbury wouldn't want to muddy the waters.

i particularly like "It’s not about him developing the academy or the infrastructure, we want him to develop the first-team squad that’s given to him, and get the best out of it.". Surely managing the first team squad is a full time job. Leave the other stuff to others <cheers>

7. HaslemereKev

HaslemereKev Well-Known Member

Update from Sky Sports;

"Some more managerial news, as we understand Watford are still some way from finding a replacement for Walter Mazzarri – but former Bayer Leverkusen boss Roger Schmidt fits the profile of the type of manager they are looking for.

We believe the club are yet to draw up a shortlist of candidates, but the Pozzo family want Mazzarri’s replacement to play attacking football and to speak English, two of the main criticisms of their former manager.

Watford were also understood to be interested in Hull's Marco Silva, but he looks increasingly likely to be joining Porto, after they sacked their manager yesterday."

Not overly surprised about Silva - would always be tough to get him if Southampton or Porto were genuinely interested!

8. colognehornet

Not sure about the philosophy there - the greatest managers have always gone further than just managing the first team squad. GT. thought himself responsible for the entire infrastructure at the club. Johann Cruyff's revolution at Barca would have been impossible if he had not played a part in developing the academy, and making sure that the 'total football' was also played at youth level. What makes great teams is managers having time to see their youth prospects eventually making the first team.

9. Mexican Hornet

Big Sam to leave Palace, would anyone want him at the Vic?

Yes, I know it would be unlikely....

10. Markthehorn

We can have him next season if we are in relegation trouble!

Mexican Hornet likes this.

11. Markthehorn

12. colognehornet

I have heard that Mazzari was on 1.25 million per year, whereas Roger Schmidt had a 3.5 million Euro contract at Bayer Leverkusen so I would imagine there was quite some difference. Are the Pozzo's trying to do it on the cheap when it comes to managers, whereas they pay more to some players ?

13. Markthehorn

I guess they will never pay over the odds but then is Deeney worth 100k a week on current form?

14. brian_66_usa

There is only 2 or 3 that you would put on anything like what Troy is worth to us . He has proved that he can hit the back of the net in the EPL unless they offer 30mill +

Markthehorn likes this.
  15. Mexican Hornet

16. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

Looks more and more like Slotty :emoticon-0103-cool:

17. brian_66_usa

Dont put any money on him i put 30 on him at 4/1 so the bookies know im crap he is now 10/1 CR is now the Fav

18. kchorn

kchorn Well-Known Member

Brian those days for me are over. I buy about two lottery tickets a year here in Spain. Never win :emoticon-0132-envy: Not even the 2 Euro final digit prize.

But there appear to be only two in the race and 5/1 (and they still have the non runners quoted) in a two horse race looks good to me. I still reckon you might be in the money. Wonder what odds I'd get on Andy Hessenthaler :emoticon-0130-devil Don't laugh too soon. As time goes by ........................

19. colognehornet

I think if they can't come to a deal with Roger Schmidt then they won't match Ranieri's demands either.

20. zen guerrilla

zen guerrilla Well-Known Member