1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who keeps saying that

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Delusional Full Stop, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Starting over
    Africa’s confederation CAF, confirming candidates for its elections in March – including Mali’s Amadou Diakite, back in the game from a two-year bribery ban in 2012; Liberia’s Musa Bility (failed Fifa integrity checks in 2015, denies wrongdoing); Benin’s Anjorin Moucharafou (jailed in 2012 on disputed embezzlement charges); Amaju Pinnick (denies his Nigerian FA mislaid $802,000, says “there’s nothing fishy here”); and 70-year-old president Issa Hayatou, eyeing an eighth term, six years after being reprimanded in a $100m bribery scandal.

Also approved last week by CAF for election to Fifa Council: DR Congo’s Constant Omari, who used 2014’s Fifa congress to attack British press “racists”for making up lies about corruption.

Other news: best principles
    West Ham considering a complaint to Fifa over Marseille tapping up Dimitri Payet. Karren Brady: “If Marseille want a bargain, they ought to try Roman Road market. We won’t be bullied.”

(June 2015:Marseille attack West Ham for “tapping up Dimitri Payet”… “Olympique de Marseille is surprised that talks were opened without OM being approached. The player has been asked to face his responsibilities, to stay at a club he says he loves.” President Vincent Labrune: “It seems the player and agent have been talking to West Ham for a while. We cannot compete.”)

Best clarification
    Brazil: New Palmeiras signing Felipe Melo, upset with his hard-man image. “Four red cards in four, five years is very few. The press lie that I’m malicious.” Although: “If I have to slap a player I slap. If I have to beat, I beat. I fight for the club that puts food in my house.”

Insight of the week
    Alessandro Angelieri, Leyton Orient chief executive, explaining the club’s drop from 2014 League One play-off finalists to 21st in League Two under owner Francesco Becchetti, who spent last year fighting a failed Albanian extradition attempt on fraud charges and serving a six-game stadium ban for kicking his assistant manager: “A squad without future was inherited.”

• July 2014: Barry Hearn explains why he sold Orient to Becchetti: “I looked for three things; credibility, integrity and sparkle. Francesco ticked all the boxes. Remember Willy Wonka and the golden ticket? That’s what Orient have now

Credit as usual where it is due, the Gruniard.

2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Some top drawer double standards in football.
    I particularly like the Chelski Beel about the Chinese money when they started the gravy train going in the PL in the first place....

3. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

"Who keeps saying that"
    Are you still hearing those voices Trev?