1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who do you want to see relegated from the Prem?

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by BluefromBridgend, Apr 19, 2017.

1. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Barring another team completely collapsing I think this is a 4 horse race.

Sunderland as good as dead and Boro going the same way.

That leaves a 2 way split between the Swans and Hull.

Putting aside any local rivalry <whistle>, I would prefer the Swans to come down.

If you add Hull to the first 2 that gives us 3 horrible, long distance away trips next season compared to one trip a few miles down the M4.

Any alternative views?

2. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If Bournemouth beat Middlesbrough on Saturday, I agree that it'll be a two horse race to avoid the drop. On the other hand if Boro get a result then it's wide open again. Bournemouth will be far from safe and Boro still have that game in hand - they'll have 5 to go (15points) and they could still edge out both Hull and the Jacks.

Having said that, I think your're right Bluey and for me I'd really like to see the Swans in the same division as us again whether Championship or Prem. Unfortunatley for them, if they do come down they could be another Wolves of a few years back and struggle with overpaid want-away players in a cut and thrust Championship division.

I can imagine the the distance element for away games is important for some but not for me. The last away league game I went to was Home Park Plymouth in the DJ era when we drew 3-3 after leading 3-0. <doh>

Just after that we signed Capaldi from them...<doh> <doh> <doh>........<laugh>

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  3. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

In an ideal world, Chelsea, Man City, Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal.

These clubs have ruined football. It's all about money & ego.

They need to be knocked down several pegs.

But in the real world, it's between Bournemouth, Hull & swansea for the 3rd spot assuming Boro are too far behind.

Not fussed either way TBH but like to see Bournemouth stay up. If pushed I'd prefer Hull to stay up as I don't relish the thought of another Tuesday night home fixture v them as well as the inevitable Tuesday night games v Boro. I am not sure my ticker could cope with a pair of games v the jacks.

swantastic and BluefromBridgend like this.
  4. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

this is a hard one this is dude>>>>>>>>>.............trouble for me is they have some tidy fans like stumpy and cartoon and I have many mates who follow the swans so im gonna have 2 go with the majority of swans fans being turd bandits and that's swayed my vote 2 the jacks have gotta drop.......

and here`s the atmosphere we have missed dearly since they had a few years of fame.......bring on the yanks I say

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  5. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Can't say I'm that fussed whoever it is.
    Hull would probably be the harder team for us to take points off next season. Theyre more atuned to the championship.

6. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Liverpool - cant stand the club.

However this isnt going to happen.

If its a choice between Hull and Swansea then Swansea. Derby game. I think they are the least likely to threaten at the top next season out of the 2.

For the same reason Id rather see Bournemouth down than Boro as I think Boro would be up the top. Sunderland could get relegated again not worried about them.

I think Hull and Boro will join Sunerland. Swansea will follow they year after with a record points low if as I suspect they sell Sigurdsson and Llorente.

7. aberdude

I didn't realise I could pick anyone for the drop>>>>>>Swansea man utd Chelsea en <ok>

8. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

I must admit I'd like to see Swansea stay up, we need a Welsh team in the Prem but with head over heart I think they will do down.

If we can pick any teams, that's easy for me. Man U, Liverpool & Chelsea.

glamexile likes this.
  9. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

Has to be the Jacks with Boro and Sunderland. I can see the going the way of Wolves too as their only decent players will be going in the summer.

10. swans-m

swans-m Well-Known Member

Palace not completely out of it. 4 of their last 6 are against Liverpool, man city, man u and spurs, very tough run in.
    However I think we've left it to late. Hull have a slightly easier run in than us. Our most winnable are Sunderland away and West Brom home. If we are to stay up we need to win both and probably take points off Everton home aswell.
    Hulls most winnable are sunderland home and palace away. They win both those and its curtains for us.

11. aberdude

the very best of luck for the final few games dude, good win today, stoke are no mugs but they seemed 2 lack the desire of you boys today....on thy beach syndrome I expect......anyways a valuable 3points, could prove the turning point or it could be a fanny fart.......time will tell...all your team can do is play its arse off and see what lady luck throws your way.

swans-m likes this.
  12. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

Southampton away is also very much a winnable game for Hull as they have nothing to play for (similar to stoke today), also i've tipped spurs for the title but i would still fancy Hull at home on the final day of the season as they've been incredible under Silva at home this year.

13. mustyfrog

mustyfrog Well-Known Member

we have Man Utd (A), Everton (H), Sunderland (A) and WBA (H), Hull have S'ton (A), Sunderland (H), Palace (A) and Spurs (H), Simple maths, we have to beat Sunderland and WBA and get a point v Everton or we are down. Another above comment re want aways and players etc - the idiots who recruited terrible players need to be sacked - we have brought in some absolute crap in the last 3 seasons so in a way we deserve to go down. If we do, I cannot blame Siggy, Mawson, Carroll and Llorente for leaving - the rest are all championship standard anyway - rant over lol

14. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Looks like they are now pal - that was a good start yesterday to those last 4 games of theirs. <ok>

Hull or you looks the obvious candidate to join us in the Championship next year although Burnley are dropping like a stone at the moment. They're away to Palace next and if they lose that and I think they will, they'll get sucked right back into the mire with you and Hull if you two can come up with results.

Still all to play for and it'll probably go down to the last day.

swans-m likes this.
  15. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Makes it more interesting for us watching from the sidelines. From a personal view I hope Hull stay up. As I said before it will be bad enough going to Sunderland and Boro (not that I will make those trips anyway).

16. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

West Ham United!!

17. aberdude

who are they!!

18. The Ides of March

A club you guys absolutely love, n'est-ce pas??

19. aberdude

I was hoping for the word "exactly"................but there we go west ham it is because we love them>>>>>>>tbh west ham are like most of the premiership........non entities <ale>

20. The Ides of March

You are cruel!! But WHU would be good in the Championshi because everyone is out the beat them. Will you miss Birmingham if relegated?