1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who do you think was more honest to the club and fans?

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by FFC_Madness, Jun 7, 2011.

1. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

Over the last few days we had various comments about MH (some of the people aleady try to remember what MH stands for!!) and his attitude towards the club and fans. Before people start jumping and reminding me of RH's achievement's etc., I know he has been one of the best managers ever sat on our bench and I have chanted his name many times.

Overall I think MH was more honest and thus I bear no hard feelings. He was second choice, after Jol's fiasco, us fans gave him a hard time in December and many of us never really trusted him. He did a good job and should he had all players available we might have ended higher on the table and probably casted a shadow on RH. (But there are no"if" in football.) They both praised the club, fans, players, chairman, board etc... And they both left. To cut the long story short, MH resigned without an offer (at least public) and didn't wait until July to drop out. I believe he could have stayed another year at Fulham and prove himself more but hey... the temptations and agents are too big some times..

Wish him well and I would not mind seeing him back in Fulham. We played some good football away that I have not seen in many years.

Now my head on your shords!!

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Too soon to tell how honest Hughes has been. In terms of leaving under the terms of his contract, he did nothing wrong. But the many many comments about being 'happy at Fulham' and wanting to stay do seem less than honest in the light of the last week or so.

Whether he had another job lined up or not we'll have to wait and see. If he didn't, as he claims, and if he is sticking to the terms of the contract and not talking (him or his agent) to other clubs until the end of June, then we shouldn't see him take up another job in the first few days of July.

I don't think anyone has ever accused Roy of dishonesty in his departure. Some felt angry, some betrayed, but I don't recall anyone saying that they thought he had decieved us.

3. Cottagecravens

Exactly its the comments him and agent made about our club. He felt larger than Fulham, clearly he wants a top 5 club but in reality he's not good enough.
    Roy sat there in South Africa at the WC on the BBC and we all thought when he was questioned about staying at Fulham he simply said he was happy at the club. In reality we were just waiting for an offer from Liverpool. Hughes has done nothing wrong in terms of the contract the club says however they had a verbal agreement from him before his holiday, then we dont get the lad from Spain and he says he needs another challenge...doesn't sound right to me. Where's he going to go - Germany, Spain or Chelsea after they get thru the Guus deal? Both have done wrong in my book. Hugues was more decent to leave in June rather than ponder and leave in July but much of this has to do with the club forcing his hand due to the Europa game scheduled for June 30th - where we all know we cannot be managerless. We all know how important this season is given the extra games and trying to improve the squad and improve on 8th spot.

4. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Doubtful, IMO. If we'd have finished any higher (within reason) would he still be here? Probably not. I agree with the Captain, Roy went on to bigger and better things, and thus has our respect. Sparky sodded off because we weren't big enough for him.

5. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

Both achieved well for our club.
    Both left under circumstances I didn't like.

Let's move on.

6. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

7. Cravingawin

Cravingawin Well-Known Member

To be honest, I'm not that bothered by it all. In fairness to both woy and MH you're not going to say that you're unhappy. I believe it's called being caught between a rock and a hard place. Bear no ill will my friends, we have done alright out of it. We have got ourselves a proper fulhamish new manager IMHO! Time to move on and dream about a couple of maisey runs from Dembele through the middle and a thunderbolt into the bottom left corner! COYW

p.s. I definitely think we've got a cracking CEO at Fulham. McIntosh is top drawer I think. Would like to meet the guy one day.

8. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

Cravingawin that's a good point. Him and his team have been getting so much stick last summer but obviously the guy is doing a good job according to our standards!!

9. fulham traveller

fulham traveller Well-Known Member

If hughes leaves through he feels and cant take the club no further and that is his reason of leaving then good luck, cant say i am convinced by this, time will tell, but with our budget we can only go so far, we will never be a champs league team, so when managers come to us they use us as a stepping stone like the players do. its football

10. rocky57

rocky57 Member

It's strategy at the end of the day. A manager is worth more money to head hunters if he lets the world know he's happy where he is. Imagine if he said "I want out" - not an incentive for others to lure him with a big money offer.

11. Bandit

Bandit Active Member

You say we will never be a Champions League team, yet look at the likes of Everton, Sunderland etc. Their managers have accepted that fact and are not looking to move on elsewhere, just because we can't challenge for the top honours, it doesn't necessarily allow the manager to become frustrated and move on. Sparkles just has delusions of granduer and thought he was a CL quality manager.

12. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

There was a young man from Wales
    Whose head was bigger than most males
    Not into sleaze
    But a bit of a tease
    When he sold the fans a load of porky tales