1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Who been the best/Favourite ncfc manager

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Lex Luther, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Lex Luther

Lex Luther New Member

Ok, here goes again after the Hitlers on 606 decided this was worth modding.

Who is your Favourrite/Best manager of NCFC?

I have chosen Ken Brown, throughly nice guy who bought fantasticly well and brought success to the club. Who would be your choice?

<party>

2. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Hi Lex - I tried to post on your 606 version only to find it was under moderation! I've no idea why, anyway, as I tried to say, I think in time Paul Lambert will undoubtedly reign supreme, until then, I'm torn between Dave Stringer and Mike Walker! I think Walker profited from taking over from Stringer and so had most of the groundwork already done for him! On that basis I'm going for Dave Stringer :)

3. Lex Luther

Lex Luther New Member

I would say it was one of the tossers who couldn't take my opinions, but thats water under the bridge as far as i'm concerned.

Thanks for your reply, yeah Dave Stringer was decent. but he had a good teacher.

4. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

comment by ncgandy (U14281913)

posted 6 Hours Ago

Obviously we're all pretty happy with Paul Lambert at the moment, but we shouldn't forget the ones that preceded him (well, there are one or two I'd like to forget!)

Mike Walker for me too. Ken Brown could certainly spot a bargain - Steve Bruce and Gunny come to mind, among others.
    ~~~~~~

That was copied and pasted from the origianl 606 thread, which was closed to comments (feck knows why?)

Having seen Dave's post, yes, the boy Stringer certainly deserves a mention. Former player and local lad too.

5. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

Also responded on 606 to find it modded - can not see why it was, nothing wrong in my opinion - ho hum, that's 606 for you!

Back on to topic

I would go with Mike Walker but only just.
    Dave Stringer did a brilliant job, qualifying for European football twice but thanks to a ban on English clubs we couldn't play.
    Mike Walker also got us in to Europe and this time we did play, beating Vitesse Arnham, Bayern Munich before narrowly losing out to Inter Milan. For that alone - Mike Walker gets my vote.

6. andrewqpr

andrewqpr New Member

Jim Duffy

7. ncgandy

ncgandy Well-Known Member

4 posts this morning, all from this W London goon who is infatuated by NCFC.

Maybe I should go on the QPR board - I'll certainly see less of him on there!