1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

While all those around us are strengthening................

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Jul 14, 2016.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

We are told that no signings are on the horizon but we are looking to get a few Prem loanees!!
    FFS!!
    Now whilst I also don't agree with wholesale changes, we are desperately short of quality in midfield and up top. Didz is out injured again FFS, Murphy is OK but only OK, Pitman is not good enough and Sears will be plonked out wide again.
    We have lost about 10 and only bought in Webster, who is not fit BTW!
    Eddie Howe has told us there is zero chance of Fraser coming back on loan, don't blame him after mm risked playing him when not right and he got injured again! So that's last seasons shining light gone. Guess it's down to skuse and Douglas to be the stars this season!
    Ten out, one in from end of season is not good, especially when the one in is recovering from ankle injury and didz is crocked yet again!!
    It's gonna be a long season guys and I can't see anything other than a struggle!

2. Spanish

We're doomed, doomed I tell ya!!

3. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

Still early days.........but if by seasons start we haven't brought in a player or three it could as you say be a slog......but I am an optimist so don't panic.:emoticon-0105-wink:

4. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Bonjour Spanish, how is your summer going?!

Whether it's permanent or loans, so long as they are good enough I cannot say I'm particularly worried either way. What does however concern me is how much ££££ is being spent around us and the competition we're up against.

I mean, Wolves are linked with a player for £21 mill!!!! Is this lazy journalism, or is this actually happening!?!??! I mean what the actual F*** if that was to go through.....

Appears clubs in our division splashing the ££££ -

Naaaaaaaarwich / Villa / Newcastle - fair play to all 3 parachute payments ( I completely disagree that they exist it's a joke you shouldn't have an unfair advantage by failing over the other 21 clubs but there we go... )

Derby / Wendy / Wolves all appear likely to spend big.

" Ten out, one in from end of season is not good " - Spanish bar the loanees of the players that have left they needed to go and weren't going to feature anyway! Tabb/ Polish Pete/ Yowerth/ Toure, I'm not fussed!

We will sign players - we know it's likely to be frees / loanees / perhaps a small fee or two and all I can say is we'll have to see where we are after 10 games. Magilton/Keane/Jewell guffed all the £££££££ down the toilet so whether it's Mick or someone else it appears they are going to have to do it differently than your Derby's and pick up the pieces. If Mick gets what we need onboard by September 1 then that'll do me. If not, then with no emergency loans available the season will be a write off quite simply!

Will we achieve promotion this season? To be bluntly honest will we f***. Too many good sides going to spend waaaayyyy more than us. Granted not all will succeed but quite a few will. Where are we going as a club? God knows.

5. Spanish

Hell in a hand cart ol beauty. I fear the worst westy, i fear the worst!!

6. yorkiegit

yorkiegit Active Member

It all looks very worrying but sadly unsurprising
    ME has let everyone down again and as I said in a previous post this is going to be our most important season yet and it looks like we have failed before the season has started

I fear the worst

7. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I can see Banners appearing in the crowd.........fairly soon.