1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Which Fan Are you..?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by omogooner, May 1, 2016.

1. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

What you are doing is repeating the same lies as spewed forth by IQ87 & Cini. All I did was call you out on it and just like them, you were proven a bullshit artist.

Your bollocks was in post #7 if you need a reminder <ok>

2. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

You're such an angry poster GC and appear to be on some warpath trying to 'call people on their bullshit' even when there is none. Do you see yourself as some sort of forum warrior? Can't you see that the majority of what you seem to be trying to achieve by stopping happening is just being made worse by your own flaming posts? You just seem to want to stop people having an opinion different to your own.

Omo wrote in post 7: "I respect and accept your position. However, I do not agree Arsenal fans across the Wenger in/out spectrum do not support their team. I do not also think booing a bad performance or complaining about the manager is mutually exclusive with supporting the club through thick and thin and wanting the best for the Arsenal. At one end of the scale you have fans who are so entrenched in their views and Arsene must go even if he were to win the league. At the other end, you also fans (again so entrenched), who refuse to see Wenger's foibles, refuse to hear a bad word said about him, and if he courted relegation, would still not hear a bad word said about him. A lot of us I feel are somewhere in between in this AW debate."

What lies and bullshit are being spewed here? Where did he ever say the entrenched fans were on this forum? Isn't he just saying that that sort of fan represents one extreme end of the spectrum. NO, IT'S LIES AND BULLSHIT AND I MUST STOP IT BECAUSE I AM GODS COCK!!!!!!!:emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0130-devil:emoticon-0130-devil

omogooner likes this.
  3. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

I am in the Wenger Out camp BUT I am not one for booing the team. I believe the club has issues but I strongly believe the team is managed poorly on the football side. These arsenal players are not motivated in my opinion. The need a stronger leader.

4. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

The team shouldn't be booed during the game, but at HT & FT, the fans have every right to react however they like as far as I'm concerned. Most of the boos are usually directed toward Wenger, in my opinion. Understandably so.

People complain about fans collectively moaning and groaning during the match, but that is a natural reaction to a player/players underperforming.

5. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

I admit I allow myself to get wound up by IQ87 who has you dribbling down his neck while you tickle his balls in order to goad him on.

My issue with Omo's post was the highlighted bit. I have never seen anyone post such views, either here or on any of the other sites I look in on.

It is a fantastical crock of poo drummed up by a small faction designed to paint those of us who do not want to see Wenger hounded out as something we are not. If you lot can claim such fans are out there, where are they?

Anyway, why am I discussing this with you, someone who has been proven to be a twisted pedant who can't accept being wrong?

Go away - thanks :)

6. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

If Wenger signed a new contract would you be happy?

7. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Norwich game was interesting for the reaction to the "protest". There's a vocal and growing group of dissidents who for one reason or another want Arsene gone. Their error was in thinking that because they're so passionate about it, and are in Facebook/Twitter/Chat groups with likeminded people that they're in the majority.

They're not. Norwich showed us how many people disagreed with them. Whether this is because they're happy with Arsene in charge or if because they find it distasteful that people are raging at the man who gave us our sense of entitlement in the first place I don't know. I do think you'll struggle to find someone happy with our limp performances this season. We've had too many games where we've shown zero fight despite having some amazing players.

I'm not an especially happy fan right now but what I would say is that people who use phrases like AKB, WOB, Wengerites and so forth are c*ck-weasels of the highest order. We're meant to be united as fans and all this does is build a big ugly divide between everyone.

8. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

I haven't seen many claim to be in the 'majority' but it seems that you are trying to suggest that they're definitely in the minority, is that right? And if so let's be clear that there's no way you can know that as no-one can sanely make that conclusion just based on who goes to the Emirates. And that comes down to basic maths... 99.9% of Arsenal fans don't go to the Emirates to watch Arsenal because it only fits 60000 (of which we've no idea how many of those are actual Arsenal fans) and it costs an arm a leg even if you do get the opportunity to get tickets to go.

So how can you make a definitive conclusion about the opinions of millions upon millions of actual Arsenal fans feel based on the actions of ~0.1% at a football match?

9. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

No

10. Tiddler

Tiddler Hoshu-tekina

Consider them a straw poll. The outcome was pretty conclusive to be fair.

11. PeterRICK

True. I was basing it on the game which isn't the best way to go about it. It does give you an indicator though in that you have roughly 30-40,000 Arsenal fans there at a game where a protest is meant to be taking place. So maybe they are the majority and I was wrong. Certainly weren't on the weekend though.

12. omogooner

omogooner Well-Known Member

Do you honestly think the squad of players we have are under achieving? Are you suggesting another manager could have done better. How many chance do we create per game, and what is our conversion ratio?

13. PeterRICK

Well to put it in some perspective Özil has broken the key chances created record this season so yes, I'd say we're wasting chances. I genuinely believe this team could/should have challenged for the title alongside Citeh and Chelsea based on the starting 11s. That's not to say it can't be improved (Heeeelll no) but Özil, Alexis, Santi, Koscielny and Cech alone should be players you can build a cracking squad around.

14. blukyt

blukyt Well-Known Member

1000%. I have said this on other threads. Our issue is not really playing personnel. We have a lot of quality in the squad it is the mentality that is all wrong. A manager that demands 125% from his players would have us competing domestically and in Europe. The squad just needs someone that can ignite some fire in them. There is an arrogance about our team thinking they can just turn up and pass the ball around and win a game. They need to want it. It's why I really want Simeone.

15. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Putting aside the fact that we don't know how many of the 0.1% inside the Emirates for that game were actually 'anti-protest', I'd say you could only call it a vaguely fair straw poll if you believe those 0.1% of Arsenal fans at the Emirates represented a balanced selection of all Arsenal fans' views.

16. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

Would you call £26 an arm and a leg because that is how much my ticket cost me for Saturday's game

17. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Depending on situation it might be. That's ~£500 every year to get a similarly priced ticket to all home league games. It's the same for a lot of prem teams so that was not a sleight against Arsenal. It is an indisputable fact that some people don't go the football games because they can't afford to. I can't afford a season ticket, hence had to turn it down when offered to me. Those that can't afford to go to the Emirates did not have their 'protest' or 'anti-protest protest' heard against Norwich. Fact.

18. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

No doubt that if the numbers had been reversed on Saturday and there had been more protesting than supporting Wenger the WOB's would have called the protest a great success and showed the true feelings of the fans.The protest turned out to be a damp squib so the support shown to Wenger means nothing.

19. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Come on now... I might disagree with a lot of what you say but it's rare you resort to gumph like this. You can't just presume that you'd know how a load of fans would feel and behave if a certain scenario would have happened. That's just making stuff up out of nothing. Poor form. You also can't look down on 'them' (WOBs) for something you think they would do (declaring a protest a great success if they had the majority), when you're doing exactly the same thing anyway (declaring it a great success that they only had what you assume was the minority).

20. The Magic Man

The Magic Man Well-Known Member

The 'protest' was an embarrassment to Arsenal and incredibly disrespectful to our most successful manager of all time.

Couldn't give a **** if you love or hate Wenger, he has earnt respect and this is The Arsenal, not some small yobbish club.