1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Which current managers NOT called Rafa do you really like and why?

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Probably but nothing wrong with that. From expectation comes drive. If this could be matched by the custodians we'd be well served. We're a tough breed though, we never give up.

Sunderland fans have two favourites - "Chip on my shoulder" and "Envy"

Both **** films. Like their club <ok>

2. Judge Death

Judge Death Well-Known Member

If rumours are to be believed - if you were on the Fulwell End it was more like Brokeback Mountain

JakartaToon and Warmir Pouchov like this.
  3. Warmir Pouchov

But with kids...well according to one Sunderland poster anyway. It was all above aboard and self policed.

J. J. McClure and Judge Death like this.
  4. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

I take it I am supposed to be envious of a team that were proved not good enough to play in the Premier League, that were put there by Sunderland, that have an inferior record in English football , that have not won a derby match in the last seven attempts , that have in recent times spent 130 million trying to buy success, with a manager who has succeeded only in having his team banished from the Premier league when taking over at a time that all he had to do was maintain the status Quo of the previous manager

I am sure you appreciate the difficulty I am having

It is significant that Newcastle play in a shirt with black in it, those white stripes seem to be getting narrower

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    mustyfrog likes this.
  5. Beardsley's Stylist

Beardsley's Stylist Well-Known Member

This all might be true but another fact is you need us. You tried saying away but you couldn't could you. You couldn't anymore than a moth can stop smashing it's head against a light bulb.

6. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

All good except this is another Fredistic (made up statistic). Under Steve McLaren we had 24points from 28games. If Rafa had carried on at the same rate (or status quo as you call it) we would have had 33points (we ended up with 37). In 10games he managed Rafa had 13points. At the same rate if he had managed for the full season we would have had 49points.

G4rdToonArmy and Warmir Pouchov like this.
  7. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Another person who lets facts get in the way of Fredor's blindingly correct points.

<doh>

Judge Death, JakartaToon and Obi Wan like this.
  8. Warmir Pouchov

Just like Sunderland and their European expeditions - oh hang on...

Judge Death likes this.
  9. Blacker-than-Knight

Granted Sunderland have won 6 league titles in their history to our 4, we have however won 6 FA Cups to Sunderland's 2 and have the clincher in a European Cup win, as for relegation I would think a supporter of a club who managed to get relegated in 2006 with the grand total of 15 points would be a teeny bit circumspect about bragging on that subject.

Warmir Pouchov and G4rdToonArmy like this.
  10. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

WHAT!!!!!! He's got to become Jewish???? Even I think religon shouldn't be brought into a football debate!!! Care to re-think that Whiter than Day?

<grr>

<whistle>

11. Obi Wan

Obi Wan keeper of the peace

To be fair he does say "a teeny bit circumspect" so it wouldn't surprise me at all if it turns out that BTK has some genuine intel on Fredor.

12. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

You can make a million excuses for Relegation RAFA but to my mind with the money spent and given this position ANY manager worth his salt would have kept you up

One point behind with one and two games in hand and still a quarter of the season to go

March 2016.JPG

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  13. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

Sorry for once again having to introduce reality into the Newcastle forum I know how much you despise it :emoticon-0102-bigsm

14. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

I find it strange that Newcastle supporters really think their winning the European cup was some kind of achievement, it comes under the same category as someone wining the European lottery , lighting struck not once but three times to allow them the dubious honour of taking the cup home from 8th position in the league, it had never happened before and it has never happened since, read some history on the event not just the final outcome

15. Delusional Full Stop

Forum Moderator

Lies, damned lies, statistics and Fredistics.

We actually finished tenth not eighth to qualify. <doh>

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1967–68_Football_League

I also guess you're attempting to refer to lightning striking and not lighting but not sure, once again, of the relevance. To qualify from tenth, which incidentally was in accordance with the rules which prevailed in that competition at the time and which applied to everyone including Sunderland, AND win it must be a greater achievement than qualifying in eighth and winning it as more of an underdog and less likely to occur. The fact no one else has managed to do it again shows how much of an achievement it actually was.

Thus speaks someone who lived through the experience and was fortunate to attend some of the games.

To be helpful and to be Christian in helping someone who is less well off than me (why else would you support Sunderland) try drinking lager in future instead of the bitter which you appear to have have too much of.

<cheers>

Judge Death and Warmir Pouchov like this.
  16. Tol3

Tol3 Active Member

Back to the topic. After hearing about conte giving out Christmas presents to all Chelsea staff and personalised note got a lot of time for him. Also you have to enjoy klopp

17. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

I plead guilty to missing out a letter from my spelling of lightning , by the way lighting never strikes it lights up , don't you just hate people who are so pedantic ?, as far as your reply is concerned it only adds weight to my argument that luck played a far greater part in the win than did the skills of N.U.FC,
    It has nothing to do with bitterness and more to do with the reality of the previous boast

18. Blacker-than-Knight

Funny I would presume that had Sunderland won a European Trophy no matter how they qualified for it, that they would consider this to be an achievement and were the roles reversed constantly point this out as a matter of pride and one-upmanship, by your rather bitter need to castigate the journey rather than the triumph then you could say that Sunderland winning the FA Cup in 1973 was also a fluke or outcome of dumb luck, a second division clogger of a team beat one of the top teams in the English leagues.

19. fredor

fredor Well-Known Member

Let me reiterate I bear no bitterness to Newcastle winning the European Cup good luck to them, but this was initially put as Real Madrid and Newcastle have won the European Cup type of comment, I pointed out that the wins relied on different criteria, (The press at the time were of the same opinion)

I am also of the opinion that if Sunderland are to stay in the Premier League next season they are going to need a lot of luck, doubtless Newcastle supporters would disagree if it happened and insist it was all done on ability

As you point out in the FA Cup victory over Leeds United who at the time were thought to be unbeatable but lady luck intervened for that ONE game

20. General Lee Speaking

General Lee Speaking Well-Known Member

I've been out this afternoon. How did Sunderland get on Fredor?