1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where's the match thread for tonight?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Tiddler, Nov 30, 2016.

1. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

I'm glad I'm tucked up in bed with a very severe case of man flu

PINKIE and afcftw like this.
  2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Worth watching in that case, their monotone droning would put you to sleep no end. It's like death warmed up.

3. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

I suppose it would be better than listening to the missus snoring her head off

Treble and PINKIE like this.
  4. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

I missed the game, but saw the highlights and it wouldn't have flattered Southampton if they won by 4-5 goals by the looks of things. Southampton always seem to have our number when they play us, they're definitely one of our bogey teams. Fair play to them though.

Whilst there is talk about us making loads of changes, that team was still full of seasoned internationals and players who have had hundreds of games under their belt playing at the highest level. To perform as badly as some have been claiming we did (and obviously there's only so much you can take from the highlights) is really disappointing. Besides, it's not like Southampton had a full strength side out, either.

I'm surprised at some of this tacit acceptance for getting knocked out because it's not as if we've been picking up silverware left, right and centre over the last decade. If we did win today, we would have been in the semi-finals. It was a major chance chance to win a trophy. And although I do concede that it's the least prestigious of all the competitions we're in, it still would have been nice to win it, especially as we haven't won a League Cup for over 20 odd years now. For us to perform as poorly as we did isn't encouraging at all.

Won't lose much sleep over the result, as there was a part of me that thought we'd get knocked out tonight, but I hope we take the remaining competitions we're in a lot more seriously now.

5. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Your players just didn't seem motivated, that's one trophy down.

Southampton will be a tough nut to crack in the semis but they'll have to work hard for it at least.

6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Yeah we were poor all over the park. Who did you get in the semis ?

7. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Saints.

8. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

I genuinely couldn't give a f*ck about the cup or the result but I am annoyed by the attitude of most of the team. This was a chance for the fringe players to really make themselves shown and all they did was allow the first 11 to breath a little easier. I can accept some players aren't as good but the lack of drive was baffling.

9. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Maybe it feeds down from the fans who don't give a **** about the cup.

10. PeterRICK

Meh..maybe....shuddup.

Wouldn't you want to prove you're deserving of a place in the starting line up though? I know I would. Not once played a game I haven't wanted to win even if fans (my wife) think the level I play at (with my mates) is sh*te!

11. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

But the attitude of your club toward this competition has become lazy and there's no reason for it other than snobbery. Yes your in the CL but like you say, every game is important or should be at least.
    Nothing wrong with a bit of rotation but if there's one group of fans who you'll see saying you don't care about this cup it's you lot.
    It's a trophy and as a fan I want it more than 4th because all that means is money in the bank.
    I think your fans and your club need to take a step back and look at what's important.

12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I disagree that we didn't take this game or comp seriously, but given the schedule with the champions league and premier league then Wenger has every right to play squad players. The problem was that the team just didn't perform on the night. There's no other agenda here.

13. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Yeah maybe, I am just looking in and shooting off the cuff but I just get the feeling that your club and fans don't really care about this cup. I don't think your the only ones but you are the worst.
    It's the PL money being shoved down fans throats, we're told that 4th is everything but the day I want 4th over a pot I'll stop watching.

14. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

We are trying to win the league not finish fourth like Liverpool <whistle>

15. PeterRICK

Nobody gives a **** about the cup once you're knocked out. It's the unofficial rule. You have forgotten this as you're in the semis.

16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

C'mon that's nuts we think we'll win the league when we're really **** there's no chance were in it for 4th now that we're playing well.
    Delusion all the way at the moment fella. This time with a little bit of reality thrown in.
    Thing is we want that cup as well and the FA Cup...I feel a treble season coming on.

17. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Once you're out then yeah I suppose. I was saying that you lot don't really care when you're still in.