1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where will we finish?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by nzfoxfan, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Libby

Libby 9-0

Where did I say you couldn't finish 8th you utter melon?

Just saying you can't say you should have finished 8th based on a wrong decision on the final day ignoring everything that happened before then.

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

So over that you are replying to me <laugh>

I love that my opinion matters so much to you and I look forward to hearing from you - seriously I do, as your attempts to lord over me will correlate to how well we are doing in the season :grin:

3. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

Oh not necessarily you, just the general opinion.

I wasn't trying to say we "should" have finished 8th, what I was trying to say is we were "that" close to finishing 8th after such an abysmal first 25 games and we shouldn't be concerned about finishing lower than that because we will be a lot more like the last 13 than the first 25. We'll be higher than 8th, 7th at the absolute lowest.

4. Champions of England

Only to clarify what I was doing in terms of not engaging in conversation with you. I'll let the club and players do the talking from now on.

5. Libby

Libby 9-0

The problem is (and what I try explaining to many Saints fans) is you're not the only team who wants to improve on last season, there was only 6 points between 8th and 17th last year... half of those probably fancy a top half finish.

It's not as cut and dried as saying "well we have ambition to improve" So do plenty of other teams.

leicester_ed likes this.
  6. Champions of England

Yeah but we are already better than all of them, we won the league and got to the last 8 of the CL and only lost because of a dodgy peno. We are that good and clearly a level above the likes of Southampton, West Ham, WBA, Stoke etc. The signings we've made are top quality, Maguire, Iborro and Ilheanacho to be completed in the next few days. This on top of a team who are the same side (minus Kante) who lost just four in 47 games. We didn't fluke that.

Don't let Ranieri's 25 games last season blind your judgement because we will be the team that Shakey got playing, who picked up 22 points from 10 games, winning six on the bounce. When do any of those other teams ever win six on the bounce? Never but we do five or six regularly because we're that good, that consistent and win when not playing well.

7. Libby

Libby 9-0

Ah I see. You're one of those "WE'RE THE GREATEST TEAM IN THE WORLD!!" fans who refuses to acknowledge anything else could be possible. You can't dine out on that league win forever.

Nice dig at your manager who won the league btw... Shakey still very much improven btw<ok>

I shouldn't of bothered entering a debate with you, you can't have a serious conversation with someone who said a year ago that they wouldn't swap Vardy for Ronaldo <doh>

I'll leave you to it as you're not worth debating with <ok>

LeicesterWizard likes this.
  8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Yeah but he has it straight from the board room via several other meetings between middle and lower management that the owners have plans and ambitions. Can you say that about other clubs <laugh>

Libby likes this.
  9. Libby

Libby 9-0

<laugh>

See my next post. I don't know why I allowed myself to try and debate with them.

Utter utter fruitcake.

Diego likes this.
  10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

He is hilarious, he believes everything his dad tells him. I can picture the conversation "**** lad, these people are serious, you should have heard what the boss said they said in the last board meeting. They have ambition"
    I love reading his posts, they are like the total faith of a 6 year old in his dad's promise

Libby likes this.

11. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Another reply to say that you won't reply <laugh>

You truly are a blessing <cheers>

12. Champions of England

No I don't think we're the greatest team in the world, just beter than 13 in the PL. Not that hard to comprehend is it?

Ranieri changed our style of play AWAY from that which saved us from relegation and won us the league which is ultimately WHY he lost his job. Shakey might be unproven but he's played a much larger part in our success than you realise and he recognises the style of play that saved us from relegation and won us the league, suits our players ahd the results spoke for themselves.

I can't stand Ronaldo and would HATE to see him, his greasy hair, face and ego anywhere near my team. I don't care how good he is.

13. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

If he stays with no further bids he will have egg on his face a little. Not traveling abroad as his "mind is not in the right place" and now training with the under 23's apparently. Not sure that will go down well with the rest of the Swansea boys. All a bit of a mess really

14. Champions of England

So all these other teams 8th and lower who are supposedly equally ambitious have put in £40m bids have they? No of course they haven't because they're simply NOT as ambitious!

How many of them pay £100k+ per week? Oh wait a minute, that'll be done as well.

How many are "genuinely" aiming for Europe next season? Southampton? WBA? West Ham? Burnley, Bournemouth? Stoke? No of course they're not either so stop twlking draw for the sake of arguing because you're just talking BULLSHIT because they are NOT as ambitious, nowhere near and nor can they be because they don't have as much money as us.

My old man knows what the club are doing unlike you absolute ****wits who refuse to accept that Leicester are not the yoyo club we used to be.

15. Champions of England

I don't see it like that mate, I think he stayed back because he was possibly expecting a bid and to then essentially be sold so it is all up in the air as he's waiting to know what's happening. Can't be an easy situation knowing you'll be sold if the right bid comes in.

He won't look as daft as Mahrez anyway ha ha

16. Libby

Libby 9-0

I'd say that a club who sacked their manager after an 8th place finish and a cup final have ambitions of Europe wouldn't you?

Spending money doesn't always equate successs, we've done pretty well without spending a **** load of money.

You'd think a Leicester fan would understand that better than anyone <doh>

Why don't you go and ask Newcastle fans how much they spent in the Summer before their last relegation... <ok>

17. Champions of England

Who have Southampton signed then? I'll tell you who, Jan Bednarek from Lech Poznan, a 21 year old centre half for an undisclosed fee.

Who are they linked with? Luciano Vietto from Atletico, a 23 year old striker, who was on loan at Sevilla but didn't feature in either squad that faced us??? I'm not seeing a lot of ambition there at all and you're deluded if you think that's a sign of ambition. Chances are they'll be losing VVD too and replace him with Bednarek?

And no it's not about spending money, it's about spending it on the "right" players. Maguire, Iborra and Ilheanacho will cost us less than £40m between them but we can still go and bid £40m for a player too.

Southampton can't because they can't afford it, neither can anyone below Everton and us.

West Ham are the most ambitious in the transfer market and linked with the better players but I don't particularly think they sign players thinking about how they'll fit in, they just sign whoever. I mean Ilheanacho, Giroud and Hernandez and players they've been linked with but are all totally different players so there isn't a real structure to what they want.

We want Ilheanacho because he's like Vardy and can play in his role or behind him. We know how he will fit into our team and our style of play but West Ham don't know what they're doing because they'd have to play a different style to suit each of those strikers. Giroud wants the ball to feet and on his head in the box, Ilheanacho likes to pick the ball up deep and play on the shoulder and Hernandez is an out and out poacher. This means you have to adapt your attack to suit their strengths (if you want them to score goals) rather than signing a player to fit in with the strengths of the existing team.

I can only assume everyone thinks winning the league was a fluke and we were just lucky to have only lost four games in 47. Thinking it was a fluke makes last season more acceptable and the first 25 games are a fairer reflection of our true level and parity is restored.

The problem with that is, if you take out those 25 where Ranieri changed our style, since the final nine games of our first season (when we changed our style of football) we've played 60 games, picked up 128 points, averaging 2.13/ppg (81 points over 38 funnily enough) and lost eight, against Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal x 3, City and Spurs, the last four while rotating a depleted squad for CL games and no defence or midfield for three games. Not making excuses because our squad simply wasn't good enough. So put that into perspective.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  18. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

The only thing about Southampton that would have bothered me if I was a supporter is the habit over the years of selling your best players. Whilst you've done a cracking job of replacing them and still improving and using the academy (which I'm on record saying to you before that I envy) it's hard to become a top team with that method. It does seem that your owners might be changing tact now though as they/the club have been quite adamant about keeping Van Diik. I think if you keep your best players you'll be ones to watch. Have you got any other that other clubs (or should we just say Liverpool) are interested in?

19. Champions of England

I agree completely with that and it just be commended that they consistently finish top 10 but as you say, that's as far as they're going to go.

I'm not so sure they're adamant about keeping VVD, they just want a huge fee for him and I reckon they'll get it because he's arguably the best centre half in the league. He wants to leave and won't be happy staying at a club with no ambition, he deserves to win stuff.

20. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

<laugh> <laugh> <laugh> <laugh> A league 1 club could bid £40m for a player if they knew his club had no intention of selling him for that, ambition <laugh>

I think you will find quite a lot of teams are flush with money, Southampton have had Millions off Liverpool and United over the last 3 years and as you say, they tend not to give silly wages to average players like you do.