1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where will we finish?

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by nzfoxfan, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

OK :emoticon-0100-smile

Having seen your in and out financial figures though, I am a little worried that you never seem to include the £100k+ wages that you pay In the outgoing column.

Rich owners means very little these days to a clubs financial status, FFP means you have to work within your income which is why the "Forbs rich list" is a totally pointless barometer unless you are looking to sell the club and it's assets.
    Do you think your owners are looking to sell and cash in on their investment since you seem to mention this often?

2. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

We've been inconsistent and extremely consistent and it's all based on our style of football. We started off well in the PL first season because we were having a go at teams for the first five games and then after the Burnley game things changed and we went defensive and it didn't work. Having picked up 10 in the first five when we attacked teams, we then spent 140 days at the bottom until we attacked teams again and surprise surprise we start winning again. When we play "our way" we're as consistent as we could possibly be, eight losses in 60 and 128 points, or 65 and 138 if you include our first five PL games when we attacked. I'm not including them but I'm just pointing it out. It's not a coincidence. This is the Leicester we'll see again next season and we should all know that already because that's the Leicester we've seen since Shakey took over and Ranieri and his ridiculous tactics were booted out.

Everton have spent big but on what? A keeper, a defender, an unproven player from Eredivisie to go along with an unproven player from La Liga and a fat waste of space who everyone knows has been past it for years but is now all of a sudden reborn? They've lost their only goal threat and seemingly are struggling to sign a replacement with Giroud, who doesn't want to leave Arsenal and Slimani now linked. I'm not concerned about them no matter how much the media and other fans blow smoke up their arse.

Top six is doable dependent on one of them struggling and usually one season one or two of them will and we're consistent enough to take advantage where others aren't. I think we're the 7th best in the league currently.

3. Champions of England

Champions of England Active Member

All clubs aren't though this is my point that you're blindly refusing to accept.

We're extending our stadium to 42k hopefully next summer IF they can finally get it approved but the point is they are trying to get it approved and have been since January 2016, when they hired a General Counsel to handle the land purchase etc. We have too many fans and have outgrown our stadium. Clubs like Southampton, WBA, Bournemouth, Stoke and everyone else are not extending their stadiums (well Bournemouth hopefully) and nor will they because they have no need. European spec changing rooms aren't in their thinking because it's not their ambition.

When these clubs make plans to move their club forward come back and make your point about other clubs with equal ambition.

West Ham are showing more ambition but they're not a particularly well run club and it's all a bit of a mess over there so while more ambitious than the rest they're still not going to be aiming for top six but I reckon they could finish top 8, maybe above Everton. Everton are ambitious and they have the means now but not the team now Lukaku has gone because he was their team.

Man City and Chelsea are more
    ambitious than Tottenham and Arsenal so why can't we be more ambitious than anyone else? Just because we're Leicester? I don't see why it's so hard for you to grasp the concept that one person might be more ambitious than another and one owner might be more ambitious than another. It's bewildering.

4. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

That will be why Arsenal have a new stadium and Spurs will have one by next season then.

Talking doesn't equate to ambition <ok>

Oh, and Everton have planning permission for a new stadium too (not just a stand upgrade)

#ambition

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd put @JohnTheFox's post here for no reason whatsoever <whistle>

Saints_Alive and JohnTheFox like this.
  6. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

<rofl>

Saints_Alive likes this.
  7. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Ranieri's 'ridiculous tactics' brought us the club's only major trophy in it's entire history <doh> ... you seem to have slept through that season ... it was brilliant, I can tell you ...most of us will probably be banging on about it for a very long time <laugh>

Diego, BigFox, Libby and 2 others like this.
  8. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

I think that the reason that a lot of posters have not recognised C of E as a messenger from God and have been as excited and thrilled as he would have expected is that the vast majority of info he has supplied has been common knowledge in Leicester for some time - certainly well before his big reveal. The stadium expansion has been on the plans by the owners for years and became common knowledge that planning permission was being pursued. We also knew that the owners had been buying as much land as they could around the stadium with the intent of building a fans village to cater for home and away supporters. In fact the only new info that came from the big reveal that I personally had not heard was the perspex screens between home and away support and the moving of dressing rooms to the other side of the stadium. Two facts that dont really leave me full of excitement - and certainly one of them must go through extremely stringent health and security testing. I also believe that one of the reasons that the whole country (apart from north London) wanted us to win the league was to fulfil a fairy tale story of a family club winning the Premiership. Being Billy Big Bollox doesnt do anybody any favours. Personally, I do think we have a chance of a really good season with a chance of some form of European football achieved and I also think we will finish above Everton. Mind you - I thought Southampton would get relegated a couple of years ago when they brought in so many signings - so what the **** do I know?

Diego, Libby, Saints_Alive and 3 others like this.
  9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

He is hilarious though in his petulance and arrogance - when he preaches on other boards, people assume he is a Chelsea fan so we thankfully aren't painted with the same brush.

Saints_Alive likes this.
  10. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

By God you're a difficult man to excite, Barwell! Moving the changing rooms and installing perspex divisions - what more do you want! I had to go and have a lie down after the big reveal, I was so over(under?)whelmed. <laugh>

Barwellfox likes this.

11. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

At my age I have to be very careful about levels of excitement - possibly why I lived in Coventry for so many years

12. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

How the **** do you know what the future plans of my club are?, does your crystal ball stretch to all of the PL or is your Dad moonlighting as security in the boardroom at SMS?....<laugh>

I have seen official plans for an extension to SMS, but it hasn't been decided when it will happen yet.

Diego likes this.
  13. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

By God you're a difficult man to excite, Barwell! Moving the changing rooms and installing perspex divisions - what more do you want! I had to go and have a lie down after the big reveal, I was so over(under?)whelmed. <laugh>
    Sorry, but you must be deluded! If CoE doesn't know about it, then it isn't going to happen! Haven't you understood how this works yet? It's all about the bigger picture, we are considerably richer than yo', blah, blah, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz <laugh>

Libby, Diego and Saints_Alive like this.