1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where will we finish

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by mustyfrog, May 18, 2013.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

At last a reply from you Phil - great to see you so confident about your upcoming season and how poor we will be. <ok>

I don't want to be greedy, so give me some practical odds to back up your gob rather than deflecting the issue with such a silly range.

Come on pal - you said earlier on the thread you were going to be top ten and offered to take our money. I'm not even asking you to bet on that, just give me realistic odds that we'll finish above you.

As we've got absolutely no chance of finishing in the top ten like you, you must be able to offer me something decent. Any money can be exchanged via Paypal direct into each other's accounts with no hassle at the end of the season. It can be verified on here for all to see.

Come on Phil - I'm serious. Bottling time or what?...........<laugh>

2. Hilts24

Hilts24 Well-Known Member

Hes been quiet since winding us up about Malky leaving.

Ive a feeling someone will be leaving a Welsh club soon and it wont be our manager.

3. Blitz

Blitz Member

Apologies for Dai luded he's as much a joke on our board as yours. Please take no notice of anything he says.

4. taffthefish

taffthefish Well-Known Member

Yeah, Norway Jerk has put the cat among the swans and they're all worried Laudrup may be off because the board won't get a player in. It's too early for such speculation (imo) but hey-ho they know best.

5. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

You're on our board and asking for a bit of respect Taff and then you drop to the standards set by Dai with your previous post. If anyone sees name calling you're never going to get anywhere. You may wish to to do a slight edit there, just a thought

6. Hilts24

Hardly big news.

Ive heard off Jacks that theres a stand off. Laudrup wants money and their board think its unrealistic.

The Jacks I know back their chairman.

I dont believe Huw Jenkins will let Swansea go into financial meltdown for a 3rd time.

7. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Dai isn't a joke on our board for the reasons you mean - just a visiting poster with differing views to the groovey gang down there (and not afraid to say it).

Whether what he says is right or wrong makes no difference to us - it's all about football chat not tribal warfare.

Dai has been a visiter for years from back on the old Beeb 606 - always good for a laugh, so in that way I suppose he's a "joke" if you like.

Keep coming Dai and keep the gang down there on their toes. <ok>

Dilli - I think you've got the balance a bit wrong there about Taff's post. The way he's treated on your board is a disgrace.

8. taffthefish

Dilli, I appreciate your input but I have previously said I will treat others how they treat me. I haven't hidden that fact. I will not go so low as to make racist comments or personal attacks that the likes of Norway, Lib or the rest of their motley crew deem necessary but I will play around with their tags here as they have done with mine. I do rebel now and then.

9. Hilts24

Taff why dont you just not bother with the Groovy gang.

Most of the Jacks are sound.

Just post to the decent Jacks who can give and take it without the irrational hate.

10. SBFF

SBFF Well-Known Member

Unlikely, most unlikely, but it would be an horrendous stroke of irony were that to happen after whats been said about us.
    It does sound as if there are fireworks in the Jacks boardroom at the moment though, lots of twists and turns through the summer and we will all be part of them.

11. SBFF

SBFF Well-Known Member

Dai is a stalwart Jack through and through, he has no problem ripping into Cardiff when he feels the need, the difference is with him and some of the other jacks is he doesn't always see a need to do so.
    Always welcome on this board as he was the old 606, Dai is a character and the boards would be poorer without him, he does set the cat amongst the pigeons sometimes though.

12. Dilligaf

Dilligaf New Member

Sparks/Taff, I don't like a lot of the things that's been said on our board and that's why I took a step back from it all.
    I must confess that I did for a bit think Taff might be Proph for a while but it's clear now you're not. I look forward to some bantering with the pair of you over the coming months :D

13. taffthefish

Hilts, I don't seek out the groovy gang, they stalk me!! ooer missus.

14. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Groovy gang?............................<laugh>

Come now sparkey, you' been given very favourable odds, stake your claim, I mean it shouldn't be any problem for a fan of such a big club!.........................<cheers>

15. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Hey Phil - stop pissing about and ducking the issue you pleb! You haven't given me any realistic odds at all, just a silly range of "anything between 100/1 to 10,000/1" to avoid my challenge. If you're going to give it large over here, put your dosh where your gob is. :emoticon-0103-cool:

You seem very reluctant to back up that we've got no chance of finishing above you next season, so I'll put this to you.

Forget those stupid odds you posted, and just give me 25 quid at 40/1 on us finishing higher than you next year. That seems very generous to me on my part given your confidence about your fortunes and your forecast of our impending struggle.

I've got 25 quid waiting - have you got a grand to put against it, or is it just more hot air rising from down the Gower?.........<laugh>

16. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

Seems a reasonable request Phill. :emoticon-0129-call:

Hope you're not going to bottle it m8.

17. Hilts24

Hes waiting to see who will be their manager.

Gary Monk I reckon.

18. snlk/poksnbn

snlk/poksnbn Active Member

Worrying times down West Hilts and eirily reminiscent to the decline in the early 80's. Lack of squad depth,spell of poor form and bad luck in the transfer market followed by the end to one their favourite managers reign.

19. Blitz

Blitz Member

Still far too strong for your lot though

20. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

how long do you reckon it will be before good ol laudrup walks out on you?

i give it a generous year :D