1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where were you this time last year, JPT Final?

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by KingslandSFCMobileTuckShop, Apr 3, 2011.

1. KingslandSFCMobileTuckShop

Just saw the start of this years JPT Final, and all the memories came flooding back.

Getting to Soton Central at 6.25am, and it was heeving outside the station, then just getting on the first train out, last carriage and last couple of seats. Atmosphere on train was just brilliant.

Got to the Holy Grail and wondered about outside soaking it all up.

Got inside just after 11, soaked it all up right up till kick off

then the game, the atmosphere, the result and best of all our beloved Marcus with his little camera, brilliant just absolutely brilliant!!!

What a day memories we'll always cherish.

Best of all I kept my promise I made to my nipper after his first game at the Dell against Liverpool (19 years ago), 'one day son I'll take you to Wembley, hopefully to see Saints!!

1-0 Carlisle, go on boys you can do it this year

:emoticon-0169-danceCOYR:emoticon-0169-dance

2. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

This time last year, I was looking at the back of Steve Claridge's head. Where's your gun when you need it! A great day and how glad am I that we gave St Markus's a great day out. See Carlisle are 1 up...hope they do it.

3. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

Just for you Tuckshop!

please log in to view this image

4. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Hope Brentford beat Carlisle.
    3-2 it will end maybe?

5. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

6. HOADIE_BOI

Good game last year that was mates.

7. KingslandSFCMobileTuckShop

Just got back in matey. Thankyou KSFC, I know thats why Fran has got her name, but to me and lots of other Saints fans, that'll be the image that comes to mind every time someone mentions our beloved Marcus's name.:emoticon-0131-angel

We must never ever forget that if it hadn't been for Nicola's vision, our beloved Marcus would not be part of our history!

Really wish we could sing Nicola's name louder at SMS to show our appreciation for what he's done. Must admit, really do love the way he operates. quietly and privately behind closed doors and not in public or in all the tabloids. Long may it reign!!!

ps Well done Carlisle, nice win!!<applause>

<party>COYR<party>

8. F1_Saint

F1_Saint Member

What a day that was! I remember seeing Lawrie Mcmenemy outside the stadium and then buying a round inside the stadium only to find out how expensive it was. Great day though! Brilliant to experience Wembley with my own team.

9. woodie13

woodie13 New Member

where was I? Let me think ???? well if I look at my avitar I think that might remind me lol, Glad for Carlise far play to their fans 400 mile round trip 2 years in a row ! know it was a cup final but still thats dedication.

10. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

I was one of the 44000 Saints fans that went to Wembley. I was impressed by the Carlisle fans on the day. They excepted their defeat on the day manfully and with good grace. I am so pleased for them to at last get the trophy. Well done Carlisle.....enjoy.

11. HOADIE_BOI

Lot of fans, good supporters base you have. Bet it is great to be a saint.

12. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Yes HOADIE it is great to be a Saint. Have been a Saint for more years than I care to remember. I have experienced the frustrations the exultations the highs the lows, the comings the goings, the good results and the bad. Yes I am a Saint I have to be to support them me thinks .....<laugh>

13. fran-MLs little camera

You sound wistful, Hoadie. It's tough being a football fan because your team picks you, not the otherway round. Otherwise we'd all be boring Chelsea/ManU fans. Believe me, Saints fans have had their periods of suffering in recent years. For a lot of the time in the Prem, we had dreadful years, lightened only by the likes of Matt Le Tissier. The sheer delight of preventing demotion in the last few matches of the season kept us going. So you grab the pleasures where you can. Let's hope you get a game at Old Trafford this year and promotion.

14. bristolsaint

bristolsaint Member

My favourite memory from last year's final was when the Carlisle fans started with the "You're not singing anymore"

We replied with a rousing chorus of "Stand up if you're four nil up" and three quarters of the crowd stood.

Magic!!

15. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

I was there, best memory was winning it, worst was the four and a half hour crawl home in the coach. After two hours we could still see the Arch!

16. fran-MLs little camera

My worst memory was losing my coach and running round the car park until I found a group with space for me.