1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where is Osadebe

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by gioblues, Mar 18, 2017.

1. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Why is Osadebe not playing. Since coming back in team was one of the better players but not started last 3 games. We beat Bury Southend when he started, and scunthorpe when we were losing he came on and we won.
    Since then er 2 big losses and would have been 3 without wrights pens.

2. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

More to the point, where has the rest of the team been over the last two games????

itstimupnorth likes this.
  3. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Well I think the right answer to that is that Pennock really isn't sure of his best team which is why he keeps chopping and changing. I agree I like Osadebe and when he gets the chance to play in his natural Central Midfield position, he's got a lot more to offer than the other options we have for centre mid.

At the moment Pennock still has a lot to answer for with his selections.

4. brb

brb CR250

First question I would ask is why are we hoofing it, I thought we had left that behind in L2. When we started under JE I think it was, we was playing on the ground, fast flowing attacking football from the back. It got us to the top of L1.

When we played Scunthorpe I just wanted to nail Nels feet to the ground, every time he pumped it out, it came straight back. Their lads I felt were taller and quicker than our lads, are we really expecting Cody to bring the ball down on his own?

Yeah if it drops a few feet in front of him fine, but no defender is ever going to give him that space. The only time I ever saw that style effective was Gazza & Gavin Tomlin, who went on to partner Assombalonga at Southend, both becoming joint top goal scorers.

I've always said and still insist with no disrespect what so ever, that Cody and Dack cannot play in the same team. If memory serves me correct, it was a couple of season back while we were showing some flair that Cody was possibly out injured, maybe other fans remember more than me on that situation.

There is one player that I do wish to highlight, Oshilaja, what have we done to this lad! He seemed to lack a considerable amount of confidence, i just felt for some reason he did not want to be participating in the game versus the Irons. I note that he did not feature against Rochdale, has anyone got an update to why, is he injured, if so was he already carrying an injury.

I certainly don't pretend to be any tactician, but put aside all the boo boys and personal insults at players, and I certainly could guide you better on what we are doing wrong, than what I've seen so far from any manager this season.

As for the OP by gioblues, I also question why is Osadebe not starting.

5. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

The way things are shaping up you might see him as one of the CB's against The Posh.

6. gioblues

better not play him out of position. Has to play in midfield. He has bags more energy if given the ball.

7. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Unfortunately he's been played out of position all season barring 2 games. The poor kid has played CB, LB, LWB, RB, RWB, RM, CM and even CAM on one occasion. He's come under a lot of criticism from some fans undeservedly I feel purely because the poor guy doesn't know where he's playing. Yes I can see the merits in him playing RWB and RM because of his agility but his crossing and defending isn't the best. The other positions I wouldn't even bother so allow him to grow in the CM role where he plays at his best, stop playing him everywhere else because it isn't productive in his development if he doesn't know where he's playing each week. He's only 20 don't forget!

gioblues likes this.
  8. WINDYROG

And don't we remember his goal against Bury!!! Let the kid play where he plays best.

9. gioblues

I said midfield but not sure where in midfield. For me centre

10. gioblues

surprise surprise another defeat and still no Osabebe. What is Muldoon doing in the team. Offers nothing.

11. WINDYROG

Today's result will prove, I believe, to be pivotal. Goal difference after the last 3 defeats is now worse than many others too. Not happy!!