1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Where is every ****er?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Billy Death, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Been ****ing dead as a dodo on here all week.
    What's going on?

2. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I've been on holiday at my Sister-in-Law's house - sorry I didn;t tell you - I'll make sure I do in future!! :)

The board is always quiet at this time of year I've found - transfer window opens a week tomorrow so there'll be loads of activity - on everyone elses board!!

Dorset and Mackem-Tiz like this.
  3. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Im working. But when i look its chod.

No fun left on here. All to serious and self righteius.

All the maim characters have gone.

4. Mackem-Tiz

Mackem-Tiz Well-Known Member

Cue the tumble weed lol...
    When we get new manager it will pick up mate...

5. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Sorry marcus i dont agree with that. The set up off this board meant it was actually busier off season. Ot all the way when it was full of crazy mental ****ers.

6. farnboromackem

farnboromackem Well-Known Member

Just home after 4 days in the North East. We viewed 4 houses and the reality of moving back home is ever closer. Mind you, I rarely post so I doubt I'm missed <laugh>

salad fingers likes this.
  7. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Football wise there's very little to talk about, our clubs owner is dragging his feet again on the managerial front so no surprise there.
    McInnis is on his holidays and in this age of modern communication it seems our favoured choice (if that's what he is) is out of touch, which seems staggering that there hasn't been some sort of contact.
    Knowing Short he seems well on the way to ****ing this one up as well. Its the long wait which is totally unacceptable considering how much work is needed in sorting our squad out.

Billy Death likes this.
  8. cumbrianmackem

cumbrianmackem Well-Known Member

Of course the other main news item is the Election, and I'm heartedly sick of hearing politicians slagging each other off, Roll on next Friday.

9. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Been tidying the back garden up !, the greenhouse was a mess, the shed full of stuff and on top of that a decorating job, luckily I love decorating as it is my job. The question is, who will be our next manager ? Monk might be going to the Boro, he would have been great like. Pearson or Reneiri maybe.

10. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

No other reason for me than it's ****e . Better banter, better conversion, more interest all elsewhere.

Not a dig, just being honest. It a truely awful message board. Dull and drab. Most action this board gets is Com's bi-nightly drunken insults at everybody being gay because the board is ****e. It's ****e though so he's not lying.

Glad it can still off pull a sentimental heartfelt thread, but banter wise the place is the absolute pits.

11. Sidthemackem

Sidthemackem Newcastle United 0-1 Cambridge United
    Staff Member

Five years of battling relegation culminating in the most pathetic season in a decade has left the football side a bit of a sore subject. Being as this is first and foremost a football forum, it's about as exciting as the upcoming visit of Burton Albion...

Mackem-Tiz likes this.
  12. Brian Storm

It's not first and foremost a football forum Sid. It was an off topic forum long before footy came along and when the football section was set up over here and people came from the bbc it reflected in our own off topic threads which used to be busy as hell because bbc was so tightly modded, folk loved the freedom over here.

Football is bound to get slow with the clip of us. But off topic wise it's gone from most active to most quiet. Must be a reason. The football benefited from the off topic section as it was the main source of traffic on the board for years and years and the football was stimulated as a result. I don't post much on off topic, never have, read parts I enjoy but do miss most of it. Something must have happened to drive all the off topic people away. ****ed if I know why but when I look in it looks every bit as poor as the footy threads.

Billy Death likes this.
  13. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Probably right Commo - I meant more that I am rarely on at the quiet "football" times (and when I'm away!!) The board has been visibly quieter maybe Bri's right and there are better places to be - I'm yet to find one which has the characters this has (have tried a few different boards but can;t get away with them) Got banned of R2G for daring to raise a debate with one of them s o thought "**** it"

14. Brian Storm

RTG is horrible. I think football wise it's all **** everywhere fella. Other places I post aren't even football related and on top of those message boards I'm mainly on twitter which is just hilarious for off topic banter, big barrel of nobheads and witty ****ers bouncing off each other on every topic. Twitter is the banter capital of the internet(we follow each other on there I do believe).

The lack of traffic has to be an issue recently though. I know there's ways to bypass the problem now but it's still a **** on which will put people off. Mick is clearly allowing the place to fizzle out. I bet once the footy side dies he'll be stripping it back to a GC message board. I just think it's become to much for him to maintain and he can't be ****ed with most aspects of the site anymore. I bet he could fix that email problem in no time.

15. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I think the fact the board always goes a bit quiet when there's no football to talk about proves that it's first and foremost a football forum. It always does, whether there's an international break or the season is over. We don't even have a manager or any clue who's being sold and bought.

It's often said that the board is dead or dying but it's just having a nap until the next football related thing comes along to wake it up.

clockstander and Mackem-Tiz like this.
  16. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Quite often the off topic threads get many more responses than the football ones though.
    Even during the season.

salad fingers likes this.
  17. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Totally agree with this, when I first joined in the beginning 2010, it was the Celtic lads that joined Mick as a banter point due to the moderation of the old 606. The Rangers and Aberdeen lads followed but it was always run like a GC board, anything goes, keep it sweet but keep it interesting. When the 606 was announced to be closes, Mick saw the deal and went for it, there was a massive influx of posters, I think he went through 3 new servers in the first 6 months. I hit the site to Syd Hutch as I thought our lot would head over and they did, the site had zero moderation so Mick quickly wanted to bring in a senior mod for all the site, had a bit of dialogue with Syd and the rest is history..

I think the reason the site is bellowing now is simply because people have met on here in the real world, people have overdone the group hugs and statements ( hence why I pulled my post on the 'Depression' thread the other night @Safc83,) I should never have done that public, my family affairs should stay between us.

There's some good lads on here but too many easily offended, I wouldn't think twice of walking in the Paradise, seeing you mugs and saying 'Now then, you bunch of ugly ****ers', saying it on here seems to be a blue touch paper for what ever reason.

Keep it simple on here is my suggestion and I will be doing it, there's PM for the other stuff but people want simplicity when they login to chill after a few beers. I have been a culprit of the heavy stuff but no more..

Still a great board and sound lads, a different variety but all connected in our great club..<ok>

18. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

Best wishes Joe <ok>

J๏E.. likes this.
  19. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

I think that's because when people are fired up about the football and on here to talk about it they're more interested in the off topic stuff too.

20. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

Not trying to be funny here mate but the OT threads to me were made by people with **** all else in life, their life revolved around this forum..

I am guilty of doing it but my life is 24/7 elsewhere, not my choice but my deck of cards..

I miss the looney, crazy people too but in the real world, not here..<ok>