1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where do you see us competing next season - and why?

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

A- Top 2
    B- Top 6
    C- Just shy of play offs 7-10
    D- Mid table " fun " 11 - 16
    E- Struggling to avoid the drop 17 - 21
    F- Down 22- 24

I would personally say a mix between B / C. Top 2 is impossible with the talent Newcastle have already attracted, Norwich/ Villa also having parachute ££££, and Wendy clear as day going to spend big again. They've already added Fletcher.

You then have the likes of Derby, Brighton, Cardiff to be wary of, Wolves / Leeds / Bristol City where it could click at any point. What a ridiculous league.

As for the bottom, I think Blackburn could go.

I think providing-
    * We attract the 3/4 wingers we need.
    * Webster is trusted to bring the ball out of defence more, giving us more ball retention starting attacks quicker and freeing up Skuse.
    * Bart plays a full season in goal.
    * Less injury trouble throughout ( McGoldrick/Bishop missed the majority, Fraser over half, Murphy often not fully fit )

we can achieve this. Thoughts?

itfcptc likes this.
  2. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Current squad I'd say mid table obscurity, if we can get two wingers, and a goal scoring midfielder, then we can trouble the top six... But judging by micks comments re the loan market, then I don't hold much hope. But as with every year, literally anyone can win or get promoted

3. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

4. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

I think this season will be similar to the last, but with the exception of such dire football. I think we will improve slightly and be less tedious to watch (though still functional)

Finishing somewhere between 6th & 10th again.

5. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

My prediction for next season:

*Position:C/D

*Would be surprised if we signed 3-4 players in total let alone them all being wingers!

*If Webster shows any signs in preseason friendlies of trying to play football it will soon be "coached" out of him.

*An offer will be accepted for Bart from Watford/Palace?? or whoever (excuse me if they have already signed a keeper,still on my travels so out of touch with Prem news!) where he will spend the season warming the bench and we will again sign a replacement who is not as good.

*We will suffer the usual injuries but a decent manager/chairman would build that into their game plan!

*I will continue to be completely underwhelmed by our standard of football and tick off the days until MM is gone

6. Westlake33

Bart is key, lets hope he can play all season.

Apparently Webster is still injured and is struggling to be fit for day 1. Not good news this, was hoping he'd slot straight in.

Yeah the footy is never going to be superb under Mick that's for sure. Have to see how he wants to approach next season. It did appear for the first part of the season until the Reading fiasco he was happy to play better stuff.

I wonder if Spanish is going to ignore the board, and post upon our first defeat next season as he did the one just going. Not a peep off the amigo all season until we lost 3-2 to Brighton.

7. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Think Webster can now be introduced slowly which I think he will benefit from....

As for Spanish I'm sure he will pop in every now and then to tell us we are all idiots and to remind us he is the font of all knowledge.....<laugh>.....I think he is busy campaigning for Holloway to get the England job.

8. Westlake33

I have no doubt about that!

I'm quite sure if we all met in person we'd all get along pretty well. Be good if a few of us did get to the same game sometime.

9. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Well that's bullshit but expect nothing else from a ****ing clueless MM backer

10. Spanish

I doubt it!

11. Spanish

Bottom half, **** football, **** tactics from a **** manager who has had his day!

KIO likes this.
  12. Spanish

I never commented on that game, I waited until the reading debacle!

13. Westlake33

Time of the month? Aw diddums. An early season strop. I expect many more next season.

14. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

<laugh>If only it was just once a month..............:emoticon-0136-giggl

15. Spanish

Me too, think I won't be alone though!

16. Westlake33

Haha well that's probably the most interesting Ipswich Town related thing of the summer thus far.

San Diego likes this.
  17. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

Hi guys

I expect roughly the same this season, villa and Newcastle will walk away with the top 2, Wendy's will be pushing them close for a bit. I'm not as worried about the scum as much as l was last time, they are in transition and at best I would say playoffs at best but falling short there.

For us, same as last season, there and thereabouts unless mick has got some magic secret signings up his sleeve. Need to improve the squad in the wide areas if Micky wants to play 442, me personally would look at playing 4231 with the players available at the moment.

Anyway, COYB and let's give some of the money boys a huge scare.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  18. stretchyboy

I don't think anyone will run away with it this year. It will be a huge culture shock for Villa and Newcastle. That's not to say they won't be up there, they will, but it won't e plain sailing for them, in fact, I actually think the scum will do the best out of the three of them.
    I also think this year will be our worst under Mick. I have a feeling he'll try and play football, but it won't work out - we'll finish mid table at best (with the current squad). Wendy, and Derby will again be up there, Brighton I think were a one season wonder, and won't repeat last years performances.
    You also always get a couple of teams that over perform, and finally put in a play off challenge - I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Leeds and Florist will be the two teams this year.
    I hope I'm proven wrong and that Mick has a couple of gems up his sleeve, but I really don't hold much hope this year.
    Our start will be crucial to the season - have a decent one, get some confidence, then we may sneak in the play offs - have a poor start, lose confidence, start playing hoofball again, and it will be a long hard boring slog to mid table obscurity.

19. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

I dare say a mid table finish playing 'Turtle Football' will please a few people...

20. stretchyboy

Turtle football?