1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Where did it all go wrong?

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Eastbourne Addick, May 17, 2011.

1. dick plumb

dick plumb Well-Known Member

If people think we are playing more Football under Powell they were not at the Dagenham game or the Hartlepool game etc. There is too much simplistic talk about long ball or short ball. As John Cartwright a former youth team coach used to say it is not long ball or short ball it is the RIGHT ball.Do you not think that Man U use the long ball. What i am against is the hoof ball to no one in particular. I am also against the tippy tappy football with no end product.

2. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Spot on, Martinho, and you can add on the disappointing performances of Rommedahl and Jeffers. Richard Murray was like a rabbit caught in the headlights when Curbs left.

3. houndal

houndal Member

I still blame Parky ;)

4. dick plumb

For how long are you going to blame Parky? Next season there are not going to be many Parky players left are you still going to blame him? 2 wins in 20 games under Sir Chris. I bet the teams in Div 1 are cacking themselves as our tactical genius,with a bit of money to spend,wins the first 10 games on the trot. Nurse i need some more medication,i just drifted into a parallel world!!!!!!!

5. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

I still blame Richard Murray.

6. houndal

houndal Member

Dickyplumb, I will never be truly happy till all evidence of Parky is well and truly removed from my beloved club.
    The words failure and mediocrity are his middle names, and personally I think I (we) deserve better than that.
    I am still taking the tablets, but it seems incurable.
    So rather than lick my balls or kick the cat, Parky is my one outlet when it comes to venting ones spleen.<ok>
    All in jest - I love him really <doh>

7. dick plumb

I think we should all move on from Parky now as he hasn't been the Manager for a while.With a number of additions that Powell will make and the style of play that he will impose it will be HIS TEAM.Let us judge him on results,his words at the meeting in Bromley not mine. Let us forget he once played for us and judge him by the yardstick that all Managers are judged RESULTS. It has not been an auspicious start.

8. davy macaddick

Franco - Spot on Mate - succinct and very much to the point 10/10