1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

When the window opens.........

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by Old Timer in Cyprus, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Old Timer in Cyprus

Old Timer in Cyprus Active Member

Jedidiah will not presumably have much in the piggy bank, and sensible offers for Dacky are now are unlikely to be rolling in.So how can he make a little wriggle room for himself with a view to continue improving the squad? With Herd and Cargill on board for the season (hopefully) then Pask can return to the Hammers. Donelly and/or Byrne could go out on loan to a Div 2 club. With the money saved we could bring back Quigley ( which Cody would benefit from and Max would have someone to hoof to! ) A ball winning mid field hardman would be a welcome addition if one could be found. What ideas do you guys have?

2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Please - no more midfielders. If we could get Jackson back to how he was - we could 'release' Waagstaff into midfield - and. imho, to our benefit. Quigley looked promising - and from what little of him that we've seen, would be a good partner for Cody ( who must be desperate for help upfront ).

3. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

I personally think another Right Back is required. Jackson looks a shadow of his self from last season and looks more like a liability now. Then frees up Wagstaff for midfield where he should be playing. Extending Cargill's loan and maybe one other Centre Back with some more experience to replace Pask would be a good move.

grumpygit likes this.
  4. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Perhaps Jackson needs a little TLC.... a thought.

5. The Gills PegLeg

Seen on one website that Harry Lennon is no longer wanted by Charlton and that both us and Bolton are the front runners for his signature. Did well in his 2nd spell with us, what does everybody else reckon? Bring him back or look elsewhere?

6. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

Bring him back. Young, determined, puts himself on the line, can score, lives locally, is young.and a known entity. No brainer..... go get him JED.......

7. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Chris Dickson.......7 goals in 12 appearances 1st time..........1 goal in 9 appearances 2nd time.

It can work as in Cody's return (brb where are you) but Dickson shows it's not guaranteed.
    I also think Oshilaja is nowhere near his performances of last season.

8. bristol407

bristol407 Well-Known Member

Good old Grumpy! Lashings of common sense and stating the b obvious. I went to Dover a few weeks ago to see them play Sutton and I could not believe it, there in the Sutton team was the great man himself. Chris has returned from China where he went after ramming in goals for a Cyprus second division team.
    Dover beat Sutton comfortably so it was difficult to recognise the potential that Chris had hidden away. I think Chris could not just do a job alongside Cody, he could take on a player-manager role. I heard a rumour that he had a new fangled management technique that he had discovered on his worldwide travels. The technique involves checking the fitness record of a player before signing him. It works by only signing people who are fit for at least 80% of the previous season. With Chris in charge this technique would make Gills worldbeaters.

9. brb

brb CR250

Why we still modelling ourselves around Cody <whistle>

just for grumpygit that one ^^^^ :)

10. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Anyone from dover good enough for this league

11. patchy70

patchy70 Well-Known Member

First things I'd be looking at is sorting out those currently in the squad:
    1) Extend Bond's loan
    2) Extend Cargill's loan
    3) Hope QPR don't recall JET
    4) I'd give Nouble a deal until the end of the season though many would disagree.

After that a target man has to be the priority (Quigley?) and then a RB and a hard man in midfield but think the striker is the most likely out of those.

12. The Gills PegLeg

Why waste money on extending Bond's deal? He's a decent shot stopper but he seems incapable of kicking a ball without injuring his groin. JE has already confirmed that Nels has returned to being his no.1 again so why continue to spend wages on a Championship goalkeeper to sit on the bench?