1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

When the Corbynistas Come A-Knocking............

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by ForestHillBilly, Apr 26, 2017.

1. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

He was going to stand down at the last election until Cameron told him it was time he retired.

2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Spoke to my old man last night - he usually handed out leaflets for Jim around election time. A woman apparently called and asked for his help - which he declined this year - and was apparently subjected to a rant about those not willing to help JC.

The JC fan club have a strange attitude. They preach equality but should you not share the same train of thought then you are wrong and they will be quick to let you know. Self righteous idiots.

The Kish likes this.
  3. ForestHillBilly

If you dare to offer any criticism of Jeremy they will immediately talk about the right-wing media, including the right-wing BBC. Guaranteed. The implication is that you can't think for yourself, you are gullible and probably read The Daily Mail. They can be quite decent intelligent people when the topic of conversation is not Jeremy Corbyn.

4. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

There's no rationale with a lot of them. Labour has become what the Lib Dems were in the late 90's/early 00's - throwing up all of these ideologies without having the evidence to support they have the means to do so.

Free university anyone?

5. ForestHillBilly

I don't blame young people for being enthused by him in the first place. They face problems of high rents and house prices, and leave uni with a huge debt, which the government has delegated to private firms who charge 6.1% interest, and don't even send statements. A lot of these degrees are of little use. Our generation never faced these problems. When Corbyn stood for the leadership he showed that he was aware of these problems, unlike the two major parties. Some of them I know are disillusioned with him now.

lardiman likes this.
  6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Selling off the uni fees was low - glorified debt collectors.

7. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Looking at the demographics, Corbyn is very popular with the younger generation of voters. He's not my cup of tea as I still think he's too establishment for my liking. What the young people like about him is his honest politics, which every major paper seeks to slam.

If you look at the percentage of votes that Labour gets, you'll be surprised how many people vote for him. But the problem with our democracy is this crappy first past the post system, they won't win entire constituencies.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  8. ForestHillBilly

Corbyn has wrong-footed the entire party by refusing to say if Labour would take the UK out of Europe. The Corbynistas now have no idea what to say on the subject when they are interviewed. Can it get any worse? Watch this space.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  9. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Corbynistas never have an idea, but plenty to say.