1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic When all is Said and Done

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Delusional Full Stop, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

Here we go again with some recent highlights.

Man of the season
    Gianni Infantino – ending year one of Fifa 2.0 by terminating his ethics team and attacking “fake news and alternative facts”: “Fifa bashing has become a sport in some countries. But we’re transparent. We’re a deeply honest organisation.”

Defining the new 2.0 ethos: restraint at executive level. Infantino said his reduced £1.15m basic plus bonus, car, house, flowers budget and £1,542 a month expenses “reflects more than any word my strong will to end the type of behaviour that has, in the past, led to abuses”.

Also from Fifa in 2016-17:

• Best newcomer: £1m-a-year general secretary Fatma Samoura, in charge of Fifa’s internal austerity, found by auditors to be spending £22k of Fifa’s money on having her home cleaned five times a week. Fifa says Samoura repaid the sum “when she discovered the issue”.

• Best ambassador: Diego Maradona – meeting the press in February as Fifa’s goodwill ambassador – denying he hit a reporter who asked him a question: “I didn’t hit. If I hit you, you wouldn’t have a nose left. One on one, I’d destroy you.”

Plus: best Fifa story arc
    Aug 2012: Fifa Fair Play and Social Responsibility executive Kirsten Nematandani hosts a two-day Interpol “Integrity in Sport” workshop, attacking match-fixing as “a cancer that robs the game of its innocence. This is a wonderful chance to learn more of this threat.”
    Dec 2016: Nematandani banned for five years for match-fixing.

Test of the season
    Football’s Fit and Proper test, ending another strong season by clearing Evangelos Marinakis to buy Forest. Marinakis, who denies alleged match-fixing and was previously accused of having a refereee’s bakery blown up but faced no action, says he’ll bring stability: “For me, football is a way of life.”

Also giving back this season:
    a) Blackpool’s Karl Oystonbanned in 2015 for calling a fan “a massive retard special needs fuctard” – barring protesters unless they sign “acceptable behaviour orders”;
    b) Francesco Becchetti, taking Orient towards liquidation having spent the year fighting a failed Albanian extradition attempt on disputed fraud charges;
    c) Coventry, deflecting protests against owners Sisuwhile backing the League’s “Enjoy the Match” campaign in October: “Here at Coventry City we want our fans to have the best possible experience on a matchday, and leave smiling, no matter the result”; and
    d) Massimo Cellino: leaving Leeds after seven managers and three bans. His day one message in 2014: “Leeds fans have had enough eating **** and shutting their mouths. I want to make them proud again.”

Meanwhile: best targeting
    Aston Villa owner @Dr_TonyXia - talking to Villa fans on Twitter in March: “#We are a team. #Fight through …. I didn’t buy Villa 4 business purpose. I never expected making money from it”; and talking to Bloomberg in Beijing: “If we didn’t buy Villa, we would have entered the industry through other means. Now we have control of Villa, we will leverage this opportunity and use it to further our business in the sports industry.”

Manager news: best exits

Most defiant

Romania: Botosani coach Leo Grozavu, denying he hit a subbed player in March (“I don’t hit, there’s no way I hit”) - then resigning when footage emerged of him doing it. “I present my resignation. It is a matter of honour that I do so. Good character is what matters.”

Most got at
    Argentina U20 coach Gerardo Salorio, 57, suspended in February for climbing fencing to fight fans. “People call me old, a drunk, but I just climbed to find the haters. I’ve said a thousand sorries, but I’m feeling like Jesus to be honest - everyone at me for no reason.

Most wise
    Brazil: Vila Nova defender Marcelo Cordeiro, “unsettled” in October after a clip of him and Goias forward Rossi pretending to have been headbutted by each otherwent viral. “I couldn’t take the risk of not doing it. That’s life. That’s the game we’re in.”

Best tattoo
    Belgium: Mechelen defender Uros Vitas - “resilient” after his torso tattoo of his wife’s face went viral in February. “It is easy to mock, but Snezane is everything in the world to me. It turned out how it turned out. There are no regrets.”

Thanks and credit again to the Gruniard.

2. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

I'd rather read Jack Colbacks autobiography than that

3. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

That's not very nice - after all the trouble (cut and paste) that Trev went to. I would rather he spent time doing that than starting another headline game that he won't finish.

4. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

I know. The words are longer here but do have a try.

:)

5. Freddd

Freddd Well-Known Member

I liked it.

Delusional Full Stop likes this.
  6. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

: Fight