1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What would you do? Poll.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Jack TheLad, Oct 30, 2016.

?

What would you do?

1. Sick with Moyes (long term)

42.1%
  2. Sack Moyes (short term)

57.9%
  1. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

I think he's on about his boy friend swallowing a wagon wheel in one.<laugh>

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  2. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

That's why I think he needs to go. All of the other stuff is the reason we're in this situation but the lack of fight is making it worse

3. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

I have already commented on Januzaj's lack of performance so cannot add much other than to say I acknowledge we were second best but Pienar was out on his feet so a small reshuffle was done that did not work. He used what was available.

4. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

wasn't it him that sent Lens out on loan , a better option than Adnan, and just when Lens was settling in and starting to produce.

Mackem-Tiz and clockstander like this.
  5. Nostalgic

Lens was a DA signing and did not figure much under Sam so he was becoming surplus unless his attitude changed. He joined up with DA again in Turkey so he was a wage we could offer to Jannuzaj who, so far, is misfiring.

6. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

i did say it was Moyes who sent him out on loan, we could do with him now. Lens is better that Adnan

clockstander likes this.
  7. The Norton Cat

But Lens played 2 or 3 games at the start of the season and looked like he was happy to be here and willing to compete. We don't know he had an attitude problem, just that he wasn't a player Allardyce liked.

8. Nostalgic

But if he wanted away once he knew DA was interested why keep him when Januzaj was looked the better option? We are all operating with 20/20 hindsight now.

9. The Norton Cat

I don't think so. We all knew, so Moyes must have known, that we had a small squad. Lens is a versatile player, being able to play on either wing, in the Number 10 role, and up front so he could have provided cover for a number of positions. I said at the time that letting him go was a bad idea. Januzaj didn't look like a better option to me. He'd just spent the season on loan at Dortmund where he hardly played and he was coming on loan so was unlikely to be a long term investment. I thought he was a poor signing from the very beginning.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  10. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Yeah you don't need hindsight to see that letting Lens go was a mistake we all knew at the time. I didn't realise just how much of a problem it would be but I was worried about the lack of quality in the squad even before he went. Moyes wasn't though apparently.

11. The Norton Cat

Maybe he genuinely thought he could bring better in, but attacking midfielder/winger was the one area in which we were well stocked with players of premier league standard ability. So fiddling with that aspect of the team should have been well down his to do list. A long way behind bringing in another striker and getting M'Vila signed up.

clockstander and Nacho like this.
  12. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Whatever people think about Moyes it's very clear that we had a shocker of a transfer window and we're paying for it to the extent that I think it'll send us down, it was that bad. Is it all Moyes' fault? No. Is a large portion of it his fault? Yes.

Sam showed us what a transfer window can be like when you have a boss who knows what he's doing in charge.

13. The Norton Cat

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  14. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

Billy Death likes this.
  15. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

That's one word!

16. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

We have a right to be dissatisfied with our recent run of managers, Big Sam apart they have all been very poor, verging on dreadful. Past achievements mean nowt today as your team has found, since Alex hung up his time piece. On the subject of managers, the top premiership managers are providing us with the best and most entertaining competition ever this year.

17. Tel (they/them)

They all had good spells.

O'Neill had a great spell when he turned up. Di Canio had a brilliant few games to save Sunderland. Bruce played some great football, with Bent/Gyan/Welbeck as his attacking force. Poyet maybe had a bit of drab style but I'm sure he had 'a spell'. Advocaat, well you sent his Mrs ****ing flowers.

They were all worshipped at some point, so yeah, you're entitled to moan but surely that sentence just goes to show the buck does not stop with the manager. Whatever combination of things happened to get each and every one fired, that ain't ever attractive to top managers mate, you're scraping the damn barrel now.

18. Tel (they/them)

Also @clockstander I wasn't referring specifically to how you fans treat managers, I meant 'you' as in your club.

Only Allardyce has left Sunderland with any sort of credit and fwiw I think he'd have walked this season.

19. Tel (they/them)

Just had a quick scan over some of the threads when Moyes was appointed, some of you even saying he'll need time, there'll be a rough patch, but you'll need to be patient and show him that you believe in him etc etc... Well no wins from 10 PL games and all of that is out of the window, some posters are clamouring for Allardyce again (who was getting shredded in similar dated threads) and backtracking on empty words.

It's interesting to me given how many times I have read 'United didn't give Moyes enough time' on this site.

clockstander likes this.
  20. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

Agree with every word Tel, they all looked great at first, then the hurtle downhill was breathtaking, and we are scraping the barrel as you say, we need another fire fighter, Moyes is a lost causejoke, so we do have to find somebody in that barrel imo., our new CE does not fill me with any confidence, he could be the worst one ever even with our history and I'm dreading the next appointment , there are some snorters in there waiting to be plucked. <ok>
    Fickle lot up here mate, personally I change my mind every 10 minutes, on average. <laugh>

Makemstine Roger and TEL like this.