1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What would you do? Poll.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Jack TheLad, Oct 30, 2016.

?

What would you do?

1. Sick with Moyes (long term)

42.1%
  2. Sack Moyes (short term)

57.9%
  1. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Bony was sat with Moyes about to sign a contract until his agent got a call from Stoke offering massively more than we could (apparently they nearly doubled our £85k offer) and he would've been our new record signing - I think this "he's had no money to spend" is rubbish - we only see things from the outside - I know he's had a number of players from talking to someone definitely ITK (off the record unfortunately so I can't say who but he used to play for SAFC) - there were 4 players who would make a big difference to the side who got much better offers from other clubs - all were willing to sign for us until these big money offers came in and also would've meant we'd spent in the region of £45m in the close season - so he has had money there but been unable to spend it.

Oh - and I'm on the fence re moyes - his decision to bring Januzaj on and play him on the wing on Saturday cost us any slim hope of gaining a point. Billy Jones was very solid until then and was left to deal with 2 coming forward for their second goal (they had nothing from that side until then)

2. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

And the fans singing "we're ****ing ****..." is motivational? How can we expect a manager to come out with fight and positivity when the fans do that? All the ones singing it should not bother going next time - I would prefer the stadium to be empty than us singing that. What good can it do?

3. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

Man City he did the same thing - taking Defoe off for McNair was a really **** choice
    Vs Arsenal he tried the opposite with Januzaj for Piennar - the latter was on a yellow and clearly waning, we were in with a chance and on top.
    Not Moyes fault the defence lost the plot again.

****ed if he does, ****ed if he don't....having midfielders back who can protect theback four is gonna be v. important

Nostalgic likes this.
  4. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

It's too early for me for a drink but travelsick obviously isn't held back by social conventions.

Billy Death likes this.
  5. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

We are ****ing **** - what's your problem with honesty?

6. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

No problem - but people slate Moyes for being honest and some negativity - the players will get a kicking much more from the fans singing that than they will from a manager IMO.

7. Billy Death

Well it's about time they manned up then isn't it, instead of being a bunch of ****ing pussies?

Mackem-Tiz and marcusblackcat like this.
  8. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

Wish we could get you in that dressing room!!

9. Billy Death

I'd send the ****s to boot camp for 16 weeks. <ok>

RTB and marcusblackcat like this.
  10. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

<laugh> could you imagine Januzaj at boot camp?

11. Billy Death

The ****ing wimp would be crying for his mammy within a week.

marcusblackcat likes this.
  12. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

Because is PAID to do the job, its is precisely why he is there to buy, pick and motivate a team. This isn;t a job for the fans in any way shape or form. If they did what they are paid to do and showed some actually passions, then the fans would be right behind them...no problem. Having said all that, if thats what the fans were singing, then that is crap...I genuinely didn;t hear that on the TV.

13. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

I think fans should motivate a team - two way street for me - it is what we did until we went a goal behind in the second half - the fans were pretty good until then - the team actually did alright until then too TBH.

But in the south stand, there were a lot of people singing it - definitely. Even said to one of them in front of me "Aye you're right, you are **** as a fan" which I maybe shouldn;t have considering he's 6' 2" but he was all mouth and started saying "We could've won this, they're ****" to which I decided not to listen (Arsenal were and are not **** and few expected much other than defeated - hope but not expect)

14. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Some of the travelling fans sang the same thing at Southampton but it was in response to the Southampton fans singing "You're ****ing ****"
    At the time it was a witty retort and the Southampton fans applauded the song towards the end of the game.
    For me, it depends on the circumstances but I wouldn't join in.

15. Travelsick07

Travelsick07 Well-Known Member

Guys, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this one's probably been creeping up on all your minds lately, your situation is getting a bit bad. Chins up though, the championship is actually 10x more fun to watch than the prem. I don't really look forward going back to watching 1/5 narrow wins, 2/5 ****ty losses, 1/5 rough drubbings and 1/5 bore draws. Because that's all it is. Maybe 1 time a season your team gets a massive win, and with us being out of the premier league for Sunderland I guess that means that's never.

16. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

Ah... Newcastle win a few so pop over to the Sunderland board - rather talk about us than your own side anyhow seemingly!

17. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

I think it was more the performance than the result that upset me, and I am not just talking about the inadequacies of the team, but the very poor showing from Moyes, clueless is the only word I can think of, no plan B, when it was obvious the formation on the pitch was a shambles and when we were given a break to draw level, we got worse, hence the negativity from me at any rate.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  18. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

That suggests to me that everything is fine until Moyes meddles. The thing for me is, why aren't the pressing, closing down space, and not letting the opposition play? Surely they'd do it if he told them to?

Makemstine Roger and Nacho like this.
  19. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

That's what bothered me so much about the Arsenal game. I couldn't believe that the game plan was to let them play and hope they weren't good enough to score, it was beyond stupid. It seems that everyone apart from Moyes knows that when you're struggling in the league and don't have much quality the absolute basics are to press your opponents and work your arses off.

The Norton Cat likes this.
  20. Agent Bruce.

Agent Bruce. Active Member

You need to stick with Moyes. He will come good. Sacking a manager every year is not the answer.