1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What would you do? Poll.

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Jack TheLad, Oct 30, 2016.

?

What would you do?

1. Sick with Moyes (long term)

42.1%
  2. Sack Moyes (short term)

57.9%
  1. Jack TheLad

Jack TheLad Well-Known Member

Think it's safe to say that there's a split of people who would stick with Moyes and some who want him replaced.

Be interesting to see what the split is.

Crack on!

2. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Tbh, atm, I've no idea.
    Swapping managers has saved us a few times now but we've made no progress.
    It's like a game of cards - stick or twist?
    I don't know.

3. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Normally I'd say it would be ridiculous to sack a manager after only ten games and with loads of injuries but in this case I'm getting a very strong gut feeling that we need to pull the trigger as soon as possible.

Makemstine Roger and Mackem-Tiz like this.
  4. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0119-puke: with Moyes :emoticon-0102-bigsm
    Give him 2 more games, if we don't get at least 2 more points then he needs to go.

5. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Next 2 games we need 4 points.

I was delighted with the appointment but it has been a disaster. He is defeatist, he looks burned out and he inspires no confidence in me whatsoever.

I don't care what anyone says I'd have Sam back in a heartbeat.

6. Disco down under

Disco down under Well-Known Member

I've been pretty clear with the fact that I think we need to stop changing managers.

Moyes is doing a good job or making me look like a twat. He looks broken, his tactics and gameplan aren't there, his team won't play for him, his subs do nothing at all and he's building no rapport with the fans.

**** knows. We're in ****ing trouble.

7. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

If you don't beat Bournemouth or Hull I can't see him still being there.

Hull at home is the closest thing to 3 points you can get at the moment, fail to cash in and the gap to safety may start to become a bit of a chasm.

8. Hefty fullback

Hefty fullback Well-Known Member

That's kinda like Trump vs. Hillary

9. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

We never learn. He got **** all to spend and had little time to assess his quad. Aye sack him, same old mistakes again and again. Another manager pay off to plunge us further into debt. It's not the managers, it's never been the managers, it's the resources and backing they receive. Yet again we've got an owner starving the manager and stupid fans who never learn, making the manager the scapegoat and in turn darkening the already overcast skies hanging over us. We deserve everything we get. Fans seem as stupid as Short. It's ****ing shambles from the stands to the board room. We all deserve to get ****ed this season and it's coming regardless of who's in charge. This squad is not good enough to stay up. It's the worst squad in the league and the worse squad we've had since Di Fanti went all free agent happy on nobodies. Only Short is to blame for that.

But crack on and hound another poor ****er out.

Zlash likes this.
  10. DAPARKERSAFC

DAPARKERSAFC Well-Known Member

**** all to spend? ::

£13m on Ndong when Mvila was avaiilable for £5m leaving £8m for a striker we desperately needed.

£8m on Djilobodji???

£5m on McNair (See Mvila)

£2m on Donald love a right back then he uses both domestic loans on right backs Manquillo and Denayer then picks Billy Jones yesterday.

Anichebe and Pienaar wouldn't get a game at many Championship clubs.

Thank **** they didn't give him anymore money to waste

11. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

I disagree with you, Moyes has spent 27 million on Love and McNair (waste of money) Djilobodji (complete waste of money) and N'Dong (jury is out, although looks decent) A manger is judged by his buys and tactics. His buys are awful and his tactics are questionable at best. He failed to buy a striker and told the world after 180 minutes of football of the new season....we are in a relegation scrap. That did wonders for his recruitment for the rest of the transfer window didn't it?
    I actually thought a few weeks ago he could turn this around, the more I see and hear from him, the more I see a dead man walking. Short hasn't covered himself in glory at our club, but he IS the owner. The fall guy will always be the manager, and ours right now hasn't got a clue. Get big Sam back asap...

12. Brian Storm

Instead of focusing on the individual transfer try looking at what we needed and how ended up. It's not about total spend it's about assessing what we needed and tending to it. We didn't remotely do that at all. Because the budge wouldn't allow it. As Moyes clearly stated, we didn't have the resources we NEEDED.

A half arsed job is as much good as doing nowt in this league. Another half arsed job and rooted at the bottom. Wake up. This squad is ****, hardly Moyes fault we've devolved into a championship squad. It's devolved over time.

If you lot are thinking there's a manager out there that are going to turn that squad into a decent consistent team you're deluded.

13. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

I don't know

14. Brian Storm

It's clear the Papy was a Sam target given we started negotiations over the player when Sam was still at the club. Two players for 5 million in this market. You're not going to uncover messi and ronaldo. More delusion. The budget bought **** because the budget was ****. Inadequate. We were out spent by championship sides when we had a lot of holes in the squad. Where's our new striker? Oh a free agent. Where's our Kaboul replacement? Oh a loan signing. We didn't asses our needs adequately.

FTM Dave likes this.
  15. flandersmackem

I didn't see anything to suggest Papy was a Sam Target, but even if he was, I actually believe that Sam would get more out of the kid. Moyes is one of the most negative coaches I have ever heard. His motivation qualities are zero.

Makemstine Roger and Mackem-Tiz like this.
  16. Brian Storm

Oh I guess moyes should have funded the extra 40-50 million needed out of his own pocket eh lads? No leaders, no spine. They cost a lot we didn't have it. Invest in **** you get ****. Short is to blame.

17. Brian Storm

Sam tried to sign him last Jan but he went to Chelsea. Keep up.

18. flandersmackem

Yes Short is to blame, however, he got luck lucky with Sam.....Then got unlucky when Elma Fudd ****ed up the England Job and Sam was the obvious choice and a job he has craved for years. Thats now gone tits up he is free again just as we have another useless manager in charge.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  19. flandersmackem

How do you know? If its paper talk then you're as delusional as you are accusing others

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  20. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

I think Short has bitten off more than he can chew, this is a tough league for a novice and he has made a few mistakes along the way, but he is not alone. He has tried to run the club like a business, he has appointed four good managers, on paper at least, in Bruce, MoN, Sam, and Moyes, we did get close to having a decent squad with Bruce, and Mon was a dream appointment for many supporters including myself. Both managers were backed in the transfer market with money, and both failed imo. With Sam it looked like he had cracked it, and then the roof fell in, with great reluctance I am in the Moyes out camp, I just can not see him doing any other than taking us down. Maybe this is the plan, I hope not, but its not looking good.