1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What went wrong today and the Player Rater

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Beverley_Tiger_998, Feb 26, 2011.

1. 14 on Jack's Shirt

14 on Jack's Shirt Active Member

I agree with most of the comments on here, it just didn't work on Saturday. However, before that game I was trying my best with the players available to name a balanced team with a 4-4-2 formation and couldn't do it. When the team was announced I actually thought that it should offer more balance.

Unfortunately I was wrong but I think i know why....

If Evans is going to play as the deepest midfielder (which for most of the game he did) what does Harper bring to the team? He runs around like a headless chicken but doesn't actually do anything.

The midfield was crying out for some creativity, Evans was not only the deepest in midfield, but the only one who looked like creating anything. Surely playing a 3 of

Belaid Koren
    Evans

would have offered a bit more.

I thought both fullbacks did well, both got forward and didn't get exposed by the narrow midfield too often.

The front 3 were completely starved of service, coupled with simpson's awful 1st touch and Fryatt's lack of energy we struggled to create many chances.

That said we could have got something from the game!

Still we are moving in the right direction and I think that Nige probably learnt a bit about some of his players on Saturday......

UTT

2. Beverley_Tiger_998

Beverley_Tiger_998 Active Member

Fixed it again, what a pratt who ever is doing it, my guess is that it is Longballplease to be honest with you, I will see if I can work a way out to log IP's next week so that you can't do multiple entries, well not without difficulty.

3. McGregor HU5

McGregor HU5 Well-Known Member

Guzan 4, Rosie 8, Chester 6, Hobbs 5, Dawson 5, Harper 6, Koren 5, Evans 7, McLean 5, Fryatt 4, Simpson 7.5