1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What went wrong today and the Player Rater

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Beverley_Tiger_998, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Beverley_Tiger_998

Beverley_Tiger_998 Active Member

please log in to view this image

Rate players here http://tinyurl.com/6g3lo5p

Right for me it was quite simple what went wrong today, it was the formation. We will let NP have an off day today but that's simply what it was it was the managers instructions which lead to that today.

Playing 3 in Midfield against such a talented side just allowed them to keep the ball, and far from playing 3 up top it was almost as if McLean and Simpson were stranded up near the corner flags with very little possession. There must have been 30 yards between Simpson Fryatt Mclean and Korren at times and a further 30 from Harper, we were so spread out up top we rarely had chance to get a hold of the ball and when we did just resulted to giving it a big kick over the top.

At times in the first half they linked up a little better but Fryatt and Mclean got bullied off the ball to easily and Pearson won't be happy with how it all panned out in my opinion.

To Conclude, Harper is just a poor mans Ashbee, I really do think we need a more commanding captain like presence in the middle. We need to revert to 4-4-2 and play natural wingers or at least more forward thinking players who can go past a man. Simpson is not a winger and it makes him look worse than he really is.

2. N

N Active Member

Everyone aside from Rosenior was average. Simpson, Harper and Fryatt where poor.

3. Jaggro

Jaggro Active Member

Harsh to put mention Simpson in the same breath as the other two.

The team is general, besides Rosenior, were pretty poor. I didn't think Simpson was any worse than Koren, McLean etc.

The lowest performers by far were Harper, Fryatt and Guzan IMO. Apparently we aren't extending Guzan's loan. Thank **** for that.

4. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Cardiff had two players on Fryatt all game, I didn't think he was that bad at all, Harper was terrible, Koren was quiet, Simpson's first touch often let him down and I have no idea why Mannone didn't start.

5. Beverley_Tiger_998

It's a funny one with Mannone, now don't get me wrong I understand how if a player hasn't done a lot wrong you can't drop him and all that jazz but lets be fair, every man in that stadium knows that he is the better keeper so why waste time and just put him in the team ey?

I aren't going to be too critical of NP because he hasn't got a lot wrong lately but today was tactically awful from him it really was, I could see it wasn't working within 20 minutes and far from changing the formation about he just moved some deck chairs around on the titanic this afternoon to no prevail.

6. Tyler

Tyler Active Member

Harper - Zero. What does he bring to the side ? He can't even walk properly !

7. Beverley_Tiger_998

ohh Crap I forgot to put harper in haha Sums it up really sorry about that but it's too much effort now I will remember next time.

8. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

Did someone give Barmby a maximum score, then submit it 50 times?

9. Beverley_Tiger_998

Well which ever sad git filled out the form with 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 10 over 100 times I have deleted your submissions you pillock.

10. McGregor HU5

McGregor HU5 Well-Known Member

I think Rosenior and Simpson were by far our best players and also think we missed Stewart's width. At least Guzan left on a high<whistle>.

11. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Everybody was average, thought the attack were good in the first half but after half time they were poor.

Also, who the hell gave Barmby 9? His angry little man routine is pretty stale now.

12. dem_on

dem_on Member

I don't see playing Simpson ,McClean and Fryatt together they are too similar and often rely on opportunist scraps .If we haven't got a playmaker to lay on defense splitting passes they just don't function well.Play any 2 of the three but lets get a midfielder who can serve them or a speedy winger who can put in a few telling crosses.

13. N

N Active Member

I did because I knew it would piss you off.

14. Tigga777

Tigga777 Member

I presume Barmby would have scores a 10 but for his customary sitter miss in front of goal. And is not Harper a conman pretending to be a footballer, but the only person he fools is Pearson! He looks busy without doing anything, he gesticulates but that is for the crowd and never quite gets to the ball.

15. McGregor HU5

McGregor HU5 Well-Known Member

I recall City having 1 or 2 through balls from Evans but Cardiff were saved by McNaughton's speed.

16. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Koren has been crap lately. He's one of my favourite players yet he frustrates the hell out of me. He should be one of the best players in this division but he's getting less and less committed as the season goes on, i haven't seen him tackle since mid-January and all this about him wanting to play in the middle is nonsense because he's even more lazy there. I'd love to see him at his dazzling best more often but it's becoming very rare that we see it.

17. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

This should be a good thread, it's interesting to see what ratings the players get when everyone gives them a score, it's a shame some muppet has to ruin it.

18. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

I dont know where people get the idea from that Simpson played well/better than Fryatt he was useless his first touch is horrifc and runs in to his own players. Fryatts movement off the ball was good all game and came close to scoring a great goal in the first half however i did only rate him a 6. Strikers can not score without service the only people serving him was Evans in the first half (non-existant 2nd) and Rosenior all game. Dawson also gave a solid performance for himself bombing on down the wing he is back to his old efficent self since he became cpt.

Barmby why so high? He missed a sitter thinking he was bloody Messi trying to lob the keeper. The only positive he did do was the team looked much more determined when he came on, why i dont know? Although him giving Bellers a kicking i did enjoy! Also did anyone else think the ref had sent Bellers off at first in the 2nd half?

19. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

There were accurate ratings on here earlier, but some idiot keeps rating 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 10 over and over to mess it up.

20. WithsHC

WithsHC Member

Mabye Nick Barmby is on Not 606 ;)