1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What to do about Aaron Ramsey

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BrunelGooner, Dec 1, 2016.

?

Should we sell Aaron Ramsey?

1. Yes - he simply isn't good enough

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  2. No - he's a vital component of our squad

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. On the fence - his time is running out, but I have hope he can hit that 2013/14 form again

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

It's a good thing we "didn't need Fabregas". <doh>

That fact we didn't re-sign this guy still annoys me.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  2. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Fabregas can't even get a game at Chelsea and has been dropped from the Spain squad.

As much as I loved the guy at Arsenal, Wenger was right not to re-sign him

3. TheBear

Disagree, he doesnt really fit the system at Chelsea. Fabregas is suited to an attacking team, I believe he would have been successful had he come back to Arsenal.

I would happily swap an ageing Fabregas for both Ramsey and Elneny.

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

He doesn't suit Chelsea's system, or Spain's or both ?

Stranger things have happened I suppose, but I don't see Fabregas being the answer to our problems.

5. Tibbers

Tibbers Active Member

IMO give him maybe one more season, If no improvements at all, then sell.

6. TheBear

Chelseas.

He's only been out of the Spain squad for a couple of games and that's linked to being out of the Chelsea squad.

The guy has 105 apps for Spain and he's not even 30.

I'm not insinuating he will be coming back, I think that's highly unlikely. Just I think Wenger was wrong to reject the chance to re-sign him.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  7. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

I'm with the Bear here, Wenger was wrong not to resign him. He was one of our best players before he left and fitted Wengers system the best and imo still does.

Only thing I can think of why he wasn't resigned was at a person level. It's all pointless anyway as I can't ever see him coming back. But I would happily swap him for a couple of our existing midfielders in a heartbeat.

TheBear likes this.
  8. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Have to agree that one of the things that has annoyed me most in regards to transfers over recent years was choosing not to re-sign Fabregas and let him go to Chelsea. He's still one of my favourite players to watch and though Ozil in the more advanced position and Cazorla in a deeper position have been really important to our team I think given the injuries we constantly suffer with he would have got plenty of game time.

He has struggled at Chelsea at times but also was instrumental in them winning the league. If we had had him as an option instead of Ramsey or Wilshere over the last couple of seasons I think he would have offered more.

TheBear and lazarus20000 like this.
  9. ArtisanWenger

ArtisanWenger Active Member

He might be better than Ramsey now but how will he play with ozil,he never adapted his game like cazorla did which was why he was driven out of barca as he and iniesta ended up in the same playing space when creating and if he was holding possesion,it wont be xavi style and often it would be all action premierleague style where barca players dont make the bust a gut runs to enable..At chelsea he is dropped because of his defensive inability,Oscar pressed from the front and got the ball to cesc in reverse to santi getting the ball to ozil,you would see oscar having the stats of a dmf and cesc that of a playmaking amf,this could have been possible if we had a kante...who has fourlungs and can find atleast the midfielders but we dont we coq who can defend like him but not cover ground or pass it,cesc and ozil will disrupt each other,we either need a box to box midfielder playing that position or connecting possesion holder,examples in the premiership would be Pogba and Gundogan in other teams respectively and in ours would be Wilshere and Cazorla respectively since ramsey does not do what he did for the two calendar years of 2013 and 2014 and still does for wales(regardless of the playing position,he adapts to the necessaries and puts his ****ing stamina to use)It is a bloody attitude problem which if at 26 does not go away now we have to get rid of him and get a a replacement or play jack if he keeps up this form and has an uninjured season...there is no dearth of great cmfs of the type we need,De Rossi,Naingolaan,Matuidi etc just off the top off my head that we could grab,its not the striker market after all,its probably the most supply strong market currently.

Jacky boy if he is uninjured we can let him manage most of his training regime and fully fitness regime like we let fabregas do so ajd not worry,the little lad is always class when he is fit.

COYG!

10. TheBear

Fabregas played nearly ALL his games for Arsenal in either a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1. He never played for us in the 'no.10' role. He did that for Barca but when you look at his career, Fabregas's best football was played as a orthodox CM/Playmaker.

I think Fabregas is perfectly suited to play Santi's position, particular if he is playing next to Coquelin.

11. TheBear

He fits our team even better now that we have Sanchez up front. Fabregas is the master of the sneaky through ball which Sanchez would thrive on.

Anyway, the chance for Fabregas to come back has probably come and gone. Its all just hypothetical at this point.

12. ArtisanWenger

ArtisanWenger Active Member

But that was when we played 4 4 2 and the football world were still migrating away from 2 midfielders.

From 08/09 where he got 19 assists and 19 goals in just 32 appearances,he was playing as an amf and ij the both these stratagems,he was the go to guy,tempo setter and main creative outlet,how will all this work with Mesut in the team?

He obviously does not have the legs of old now and during his title winning season oscar defended from the front allowing him to do what he,they both started almost all games and you will see cesc had the stats of an amf while oscar that of a dmf.Thats how it wad built.

But i would say he is the best through ball player i have ever seen and i have seen Kroos,Iniesta,Bergkamp,Xavi and Zidane.

COYG!