1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What time do Saints players arrive at St Mary's

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SaintsNumber7, Nov 26, 2016.

1. SaintsNumber7

SaintsNumber7 Active Member

Hi, taking my son to his first game tomorrow and be great to meet some of the players outside the ground before hand. Does anyone know what time they roughly arrive, bearing in mind kick off is 430? Thanks

2. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Hi SN7, according to this matchday uncovered video for the home match against Chelsea, the players arrived at noon and that was a 4pm KO.

Hope your lad enjoys his first taste of live Saints and gets some autographs, I will never forget mine against Man Utd with Charlton, Best and co in 1970...:)

3. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

some would say that the defence turn up on time, the midfield get lost en route and the strikers seem to be a bit late at the moment. Not me though :)

4. st_brendy

st_brendy Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Based on my experience, for a 3pm KO, the players would get there for anytime between 11 and 12.30. That was a few years ago now, but I presume it hasn't really changed. So for a 4.30 KO, you'd be looking at 12.30 to 2.

5. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Well done to you, SN7 on bringing your son up to be a proper football fan. I suspect many in his class though, purport to be fans of Manchester City (they will be if they get Messi) or United, Arsenal, Liverpool or Chelsea.

6. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Shame your parents didn't take that Spuds shirt off you when you were a nipper ... <laugh><laugh>

7. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

I don't have one!!! Never had one. I did have a blue one that was similar to .......Everton's!! I had visions of playing like Alan Ball re 1970!!!

8. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Don't sweat it Ides, I DID have a Chelsea kit when I was a kid. Mainly because my Mum couldn't get me a Saints one. Well, you couldn't back then. So I was asked if I'd select another one, and Peter Osgood was the only footballer outside of SFC who I could consider a bit of a hero. So Mum made me a Chelsea kit. Much easier than making a Saints one. But she couldn't do a reliably stitched No.9, so I ended up with No.11 because it was much easier to put on shirt and shorts. Add the white stripes down the shorts, white socks, and there you go. Oh, and my Addidas Inter's too. That went down well when I took the kit to Italy. I ended up being called Charlie Cooke, of course.

The Ides of March likes this.