1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What should/could our plan B be?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING, Feb 5, 2017.

1. moreinjuredthanowen

I w just saying it was interesting to note the type of fees paid. the going rate these days for anyone decent is about 30mil min. If FSG think bargain bucket shopping is <10 mil even then they might as well go buy fc united or someone. thats all.

the "stories" out of comolli are largely out of context and old enough they no longer matter. we would really need to know if such a restriction applies to klopp today.

2. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I think we compete in the £30m bracket already. Mane, Wijnaldum, Lallana, Firmino, even Carroll & Suarez.

Problem we have is we don't airways target the right player.

I love Firmino (not so much lately) but is he the best we could get for the money we paid?

* Record Points Total likes this.
  3. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

As Jimmy and I were saying on the other thread...I'm not expecting us to buy a 40+million player for the sake of it.

What I would like to see is trust in Klopp put into practice at transfer time. If says player x...don't quibble about 5 or 10 million or a couple of million in salary..get them. By all means if Klopp says na...I like him but I could get y who's the same for 5 million less...fine. but not let's get y because he's cheaper for a reason.

Scouting and analytics at youth level can follow the original FSG model all it wants..I applaud it even..but not for ok for someone supposed to be first choice in the first 11 straight away. Either there's a star just ready to come through in 6 months to a year or we buy the ready made thing..

6 years should be showing if it's worked at youth level by now and while I'll always maintain that no matter how good we'll only see 1 or 2 come all the way through...can't rely on buying these 21 year olds and somehow developing them immediately while also challenging..

4. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

How do you know we don't currently do this?

5. DirtyFrank

Currently as in this year? Maybe we do.

Previous years under FSG? Plenty of suggestion that we didn't.

6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Maybe we did but we were just **** at tranfers. Plenty of evidence for that

7. DirtyFrank

Lol...hopefully better this summer....bollox crossed.