1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What should/could our plan B be?

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING, Feb 5, 2017.

1. organic red

organic red Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think this has to do with confidence and momentum..........the game can seem relatively easy when things are going well, and yet seem so
    damn difficult when you hit a poor patch.
    More movement in the last third?......yes, definitely. We need to offer more options to the likes of Lala, Couts etc.

2. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

this^
    early in the season we criticised Studge for not pressing his defender as all he did was jog towards him now everyone is doing it. You still cover the same ground but without the sprint to force the man in posession to rush you are uunlikely to turn over posession yet you Km covered per game won't look any different but the intensity is. Lallana was excellent at that prior to his injury & i'm unsure if still feeling the injury or the positional change effected his play in that respect but we aint seen it recently.
    Turning the ball over in their last third is one way to deal with the set packed defence

3. DirtyFrank

DirtyFrank Well-Known Member

Posted on twitter...the guy was going on more about the low "net spend" (avg 20M a year)..

My focus is more on the figure of over 50% of players brought in under FSG are no longer with us. Do we think that is high or about normal? Or is it a natural product of trying young talent and hoping..?

Edit: sorry that fig was included in the tweet not this picture..25 players in and then gone (53%)

IMG_20170205_214528.jpg

4. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

Says it all really. A net spend of £20m isn't enough. It's not even one average player these days ffs.

When you see a real talent like Jesus bought for under £30m you question why we persevere with our current strategy.

5. DirtyFrank

That's why I looked at the 53%..To me it indicates gambles that rarely work.

Tbf the Suarez and Sterling money probably distorts that figure a bit but then it should be there to spend again lol

6. DirtyFrank

And yes...getting club in order etc, but 20m a year from where the squad started isn't likely to improve it enough to move it up.

Klopp has maintained he won't buy big pricey players so don't see it changing in the summer...sell Sturridge and a couple of others and it'll be round that again I bet.

So is it just run through managers with sane financial plan until one gets it right?

7. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

We've moved a lot on in the last 12months, possibly more than preceding years under FSG....I want us to deliver exactly what Klopp wants this summer and give him his team and squad. Only then can we judge. Reality is we'll spend £20m net <ok>

8. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Not quite true. We bought Mane and Wijnaldum in the summer so he is prepared to spend if he thinks its right / necessary. What he says is he won't buy a squad of top players, he'll coach youth too.

9. DirtyFrank

Sorry I had it in mind the 50+ million types but yeah, fair enough on that.

He's going to have to lol..

10. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

I know it's copyrighted as Uniturd's Plan A, but could we not just bung the ref a few grand? :emoticon-0125-mmm:

11. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

I can't wait for Trump to remove some of that 'red tape' that stops American companies competing with the Russians and Chinese <whistle>

12. moreinjuredthanowen

Not for last month hes not. Hes anonymous.

13. LuisDiazgamechanger

Every team have bad spells during the season. Spurs have not changed much about their system of play and
    they are winning games. Something wrong with the players.but they cannot complain of tiredness.
    Breaking down teams that are defending with ten men is the answer.

14. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

£50m+ signings are rarities.

Have Chelsea paid £50m+ for anyone? I can only think of Torres for Chelsea.

Arsenal haven't although they were close with Ozil. Spurs certainly haven't and Man Utd have only done it once with Pogba.

15. Rubbersoul

Rubbersoul Well-Known Member

People on here are saying play with pace but how can that be achieved when the teams we've played recently have dropped so deep? It is all about being patient and trying to break them down.

We need to allow teams to just have possession, **** trying to keep the ball all the time against these teams who love not having it. Actually just lose possession and force them to push up, thats when we can play with pace when there is actual space to run behind.

ATM we're have the majority of the ball, most attacking chances but getting done by a teams first shot on target which always just seems to happen with ourselves.

16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Serious answer then.

We currently play a formation like this, with our best team probabaly being this...

Mingo
    Clyne Matip Lovren Milner
    Hendo
    Lallana Wijnaldum
    Mane Firmino Coutinho
    We need to alter the formation when teams dig in and to do this we need to stretch the play. So a traditional 442 would make sense. With the squad we have we then don't have the right players for it. We need a left winger for it to work but it still leaves us with.

Mingo
    Mane Hendo Coutinho ?????
    Firmino Studge
    For it to work properly we'd need a better CM Partnership and better forwards, we'd have to change it imo at the moment to...

Mingo
    Mane Hendo Can ?????
    Coutinho
    Firmino​

17. theStath

theStath Active Member

It's been a year and can't believe that Klopp hasn't raided Bundesliga yet. German players are generally hard working than the divas we have in our squad.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  18. moreinjuredthanowen

this is really a bit pointless of a point though... if you've three managers ripping up the blue print and starting all over again then... well.... that first spend and second spend is largely wasted

the fact is Klopp did a couple things last summer and basically broke even getting shut of the ****e.. (and he kept as many ****e as he let go) the whole debate is ACTUALLY about LFC now looking at 6th at best and saying the reason is down to not buying enough players before.

If the club gave rogers and dalglish a 40mil per year or whatever this suggests it would likely just have been pissed away too.

klopp clearly got shut of a lot... i tracked it remember :)

Mario Balotelli
    Luis Alberto
    Lazar Marković
    Christian Benteke
    Jon Flanagan
    Lloyd Jones
    Brad Smith
    Joe Allen
    Jordon Ibe
    Martin Škrtel
    Jack Dunn
    João Carlos
    Ryan Kent
    Jordan Rossiter
    Jerome Sinclair
    Kolo Touré

no for getting this lot out even on lans etc we got Wijnaldum, mane, matip, kalvan and karius... which isn't all that is it?

We bascially if now looking at the evidence of our season thus far added two guys to the list of players we could build a real side round.

Thats Matip and Mane btw... add coutinho to that and If a new manager came in I really think that'd be all he's retain....

so....

net spend? if you have a new manager and a whole new system chances are what came before get binned!

and thats the problem with the prem. nothign above the manager controlling long term vision and philosophy.

19. organic red

Di Maria...........and the Martial deal aswell apparently

20. organic red

I'm sure he has his eye on one or two, Pulisic being one. We have Karius.