1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

what players do we miss the most

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Tony Montana, Mar 18, 2011.

1. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Member

With the end of the season approaching, players get suspended or injured. i would like your thoughts on who we miss the most. personally I think that the the top 3 players we cannot be without are LALLANA, SCHNEIDERLIN AND FONTE.
    ps first post

2. beanysaint

beanysaint Member

I agree with Lallana for sure. Fonte it'd certainly make a huge difference to be without him, our back four could go into headless chicken mode... As much as I think Schniederlin is a good player though, I think that the last week has proved that we can still function perfectly well without him.

My three would be Lallana, Fonte and Barnard.

The reason I've included Barney is because I think that when we don't have his energy on the pitch we look really sluggish, and in the tight games he often ends up being invaluable to us.

3. NashySFC

NashySFC Member

Lallana, Lambert and Oxo - All game winning players!

4. beanysaint

beanysaint Member

Actually scrap Barney, completely forgot about Oxo! Barney still very important though.

5. Tony Montana

Tony Montana Member

reason i pick spiderman is because hammond and chaplow are the same the same type of player, both workhorses and neither have the technocal ability that schneirderlin has. he is the player that can ping a ball out to oxo or lallana (and im waiting to see him clip a through ball for the lad forte who looks very quick) and get us a pen or a goal. for sure hammond and chappers can do it but MS has a touch of class that lala has. plus MS and chappers compliment each other better i mean look at the man u game we bossed the midfield for the 1st hour

6. Singing Blue 3

Singing Blue 3 Well-Known Member

For me its Keegan, Shearer, Le Tiss, Shilton, Channon............oh sorry thats when you had half decent players ! <ok> <laugh>

7. sotonstu

sotonstu Member

have u ever had players as good as them?

8. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

Lallana, Fonte and Lambert

9. halftimepint

halftimepint New Member

Agree about Morgan, hes top class and i believe he could easily play for any championship side and do a job in some premier division sides. Really worried should we fail to get promoted he along with oxo and lallana would be the first out the door.
    My 3 we couldnt go without: lallana fonte morgan

10. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Lallana, Lambert, and Oxo, but I really, really miss Pahars and Killer. What could we do with them now!

11. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I'd also have said le Tissier, but doubt he can get through door of bus and he certainly wouldn't be allowed through doors of the building.

12. SwindonSaint

SwindonSaint Member

Killer for sure. Losing him got us relegated from the prem. Wouldn't concede a goal all season if he was playing now. And THAT is FACT.

13. Markus Liebherrs Red Army

Comprehensively done him sotonstu <ok>

I would definately say Lallana and Fonte, but I am torn between MS and Barnard. Barnard bring us so much up front, but MS does hae the ability to dictate the flow of a game, though he could be even better. Chamberlain has been fantastic this season, but he does not seem to change the course of a game, or the flow of midfield by himself, which MS certainly can, whilst Barnard can be a typical goal-poacher when the team is struggling, that was why he was so succesful at Southend. I do not think that CMS is a better player the Barnard, and that is some statement considering CMS's performances this year. However, CMS is actually a target man, strong and quick who will latch onto Peterborough's hoofs out of defense. Fonte actually had a poor game against him at London Road, but he was truly shackled at SMS. Barnard, on the other hand, is a constant threat, and I am yet to see a centre half truly get the better of him (though the odd goalkeeper has). Lambert on the other hand, has had games where a organised back four has basically kept him out of the game, then his head sometimes drops, whih does not help anyone. Not blaming the guy, its just him playing style to get a certain service, where Barnard seems more capable of snififng on scraps. We could find though that if we go up the most important players in the team could change quite dramatically...