1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What little things really Bug you.

Discussion in 'Watford' started by oldfrenchhorn, Apr 20, 2011.

1. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

Where can you get a home for 900 a month? We're at that point with my father through necessity and its 550 a week minimum!!!!!! Paid tax all his life and because hes been responsible has to pay his own care. The arse who peed everything against the wall never saved a penny and spent it onthe life of riley gets it all free. Makes my blood boil, abolish taxes if you want us to pay orselves but stop stealing from the good to pay the thieves and cretins....

2. Roowfc

Roowfc Member

Well the guy who goes to uni will earn tens of thousands more over his lifetime than the other guy. Plus give the other guy a choice and he wouldn't take the free acomodation!

My personal pet hate is supermarket self service tills- im the customer do they should serve me! Plus being asked for id- im 29 and could drink freely in pubs at 16 now i get challenged for a bottle of wine. (and if you saw a picture of me youd think needs diet going gray, possible receding hairline not youthfull good looks bettercheck he aint 17)

Plus politicians

Plus gits at work who expect me to sort their crap out because they made a mistake compounded it by trying to hide it

Plus gits at work who moan anytime i ask them to do anything

Plus robbie savage(self explanatory)

Plus the bbc

Plus bandwagon jumpers who see stuff in the mail andbecome instantly obsessive

Plus typing on my ipod

Plus people who complain they cant use something when they havent even tried to read the instructions

Plus trains why am i often late on the way home but never on the way to work

We need this stickied as an official bitching thread

3. aberdeenhornet

aberdeenhornet Well-Known Member

Luton Town Football club, Luton Airport, Luton Taxis, Luton Buses, Luton Shops, Luton Schools, Luton Houses, Luton Businesses, The M1 near Luton, Luton, ............................Communists, Ignorant Politicians, Ignorant people in general, the youth of today, email and phonecalls for business outside business hours, time differences making my day far too long, bad health, people who go to the gym and dont put in the pain to gain, slow drivers, inconsiderate drivers in fact anyone else who gets on my piece of road, ignorant balding middle age git I keep seeing in the mirror..........................

4. Sir_Luther_Blissett

Sorry, roo, that's gone over my head.

5. Sir_Luther_Blissett

The role of government is to tax economic 'bads' (that is a proper term btw) and subsidise economic 'goods' (another proper term).

The targets (including BB's excellent example) are soft this way round, that's all.

Similarly, VAT is a regressive tax. Tax should be progressive unless it is targeting an economic 'bad'. VAT is a cowardly tax.

6. Sir_Luther_Blissett

<yikes> Can you... see me?

7. Dyches Beard

Dyches Beard Member

My Arsenal supporting friends who can't take the fact Watford actually now play attractive football, and are convinced Watford 'hit and hope,' and 'Play the long ball game', despite only seeing one game in the last two years (Brighton in the FA Cup this season). Grrrr <grr>

8. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

and me <yikes>
    Aberdeen please stop swearing on this forum <laugh>
    SLB I think you have enjoyed this thread havent you?!!!
    Maybe you should become an MP for the common sense party!!

9. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

Edinburgh - there are a couple there where that is the charge - although they also take the LA's contribution of £230pw. Admittedly, I wasn't impressed by them when I was looking around for care for my mum - eventually went a bit more upmarket, paying £950 a week.

10. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

.... and I thought SLB said he did not like talking politics :)

11. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have you shed any weight Leo? Maybe you should have asked Roof to have given you a hand. ;)

Why do we fall for the advertisers so often? Read a report recently that children are not getting enough vitamins from the sun due to the vast amounts of sun block being put on them.

Why do people in call centres wait for you to start a meal before phoning up?

12. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Went out for the roof material this morning OFH Felt I ought to

13. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

OH - and I am with Jeremy Clarkson on his view of caravans - they were 30,000 driving though Carmarthen this morning - tourists!! :)

14. Norwayhornet

My biggest bug is Religion ! Have wasted time and read the bible and the koran ,and several other tomes of supposed importance , If they were factual accounts of things that happened ,then things would have got so distorted over time as to make them meaningless(chinese whispers!)
    I believe in the things I can see and hear and feel! I believe in the planet and of life on it,giving back to the earth!
    and most of all I believe in Watford FC:)

15. North North Watford

North North Watford Active Member

Bugs

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Inappropriate use of the race card. In particular from Celts.

The scheduling and pricing of the potentially traffic-busting St Albans Abbey Line.

The impatient loudmouthed 17-year-old two rows in front of me and slightly to the left, whose season ticket my extra £15 is going to subsidise. We have the ticket pricing structure right in general, just make him an exception. I like a rant too, but I prefer to support my team at the ground, and keep most of my moaning to pubs and forums.

16. Sir_Luther_Blissett

I did warn ofh :wink:.

17. Sir_Luther_Blissett

I don't. If you refer to 606 I think it's highly unlikely you'll find me talking politics anywhere. I have in a private email with someone I know from 606, but that is all.
    I can't stand modern politicians. There are many from the past I respect, but not for a very long time <ok>.

18. Norwayhornet

SLB to run for MP of Baldock you heard it first here<laugh>

19. Sir_Luther_Blissett

SDG, my wife supports Arsenal as do her Dad and brothers, and most of my mates in London.

Nevertheless...

I hope you enjoy this link <ok>.

20. Sir_Luther_Blissett

<laugh> Norway, I think that's unlikely - I would get lynched :wink:.