1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What kind of beast?

Discussion in 'Nottingham Forest' started by since78, Feb 2, 2011.

1. since78

since78 New Member

Over the years, teams have gone up to the premier league (or old division 1) either by being an attacking (footballing) team who score loads of goals, or tough teams who base their success on a solid defence and 'lumping it long'.

This brings me to a fairly significant question then. Which kind of beast are Nottingham Forest this season? By all accounts the approach play and some of the goals are being described in extremely positive terms, to the point where Mark Bright was almost lost for words in the first half against West Ham. On the other hand, the Forest defence is undoubtedly strong at the moment, and perhaps stronger still since the arrival of Paul Konchesky.

My personal opinion is that we are a bit of both at the moment, though we do not score as many goals as we perhaps should. (My opinion, sadly, can only be based on commentaries, occasional televised games and on reading other fans opinions).

A bigger question we could ask ourselves is:- Given that we are a bit of both, if we were to gain promotion to the Premier League, would our style of play and solid defence give us a better chance of success than some other sides in the past?

By the way, I have followed many of the current members of this forum on 606 for a few years now, but rarely posted due to account restrictions. Let's hope this site will be far more liberal (but still bans cosmic steve).

2. RedsJax

RedsJax Member

A bigger question we could ask ourselves is:- Given that we are a bit of both, if we were to gain promotion to the Premier League, would our style of play and solid defence give us a better chance of success than some other sides in the past?

__________________________________________________________________________________

Really wouldn't like to say. I think we'd concede more and probably score less.

We won't know until we get there. ;)

3. Forest-Till-I-Die

Really wouldn't like to say. I think we'd concede more and probably score less.

We won't know until we get there. ;)
    ____________________________________________________________________________

spot on mate we will have to wait and see

COYR

4. since78

since78 New Member

I agree with you both that we would undoubtedly score less and concede more, and that we won't know until we get there, but IF we were to go up, I think it is clear from the last 2 seasons that Billy has learnt lessons from his last venture into the prem. Derby were definitely more like the Stoke style than Blackpool, but they had a defence that was worse than Blackpools.