1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What is your job ?

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by PINKIE, Jun 4, 2017.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

What do you lot all do for work ? Or if you're retired what did you do ?

I've had a variety of jobs, started off as a Baker as a Saturday job, then after university, worked as a chef for a few years before going out on the festival circuit helping to run an organic veggie cafe. Then got involved in social work and moved out to NYC for 6 months working with a mental health charity. Came back to London and worked in social work for a while before I moved to Cornwall and worked for the NHS in mental heal for 16 years. 3 years ago I started my own health food business, after the first year it grew to the point where I left my job to do it full time and I haven't looked back.

So what do you do for work ? No fake Lawyer jobs please, and any helicopter pilots will need to post proof of their private pilots licence :)

2. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Been in construction recruitment the last 8/9 years, getting bored of it now though so looking at perhaps a change of career soon, some of the family own a restaurant down in Devon and I have the offer of going down to help manage it so I'm mulling over that while considering other options.

Before the recruitment stuff I was a drainage engineering mate for about 18 months after I left school, if the money was a little better in that I'd have stayed doing it a lot longer. Was a strangely enjoyable job, kept me much fitter too! Was only a little firm but had the contracts to many established hotels as well as Downing Street so got to out around London a fair bit.

Lovearsenalcock and PINKIE like this.
  3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

But of a career change for me Police Dog Handler to call centre. <laugh>

BobbyD likes this.
  4. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Retired!

So you bunch of ****s need to keep working hard so that I can get my pension when it's due. <ok>

5. paultheplug

paultheplug Well-Known Member

Retired now. Started off in advertising . After that I was part of the F1 circus rolling into different countries every week. It is why I live in South West Spain as we used to go to Jerez for testing every year. Liked it so much that I came back

Lovearsenalcock and PINKIE like this.
  6. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Used to dealing with angry bitches then?

Lovearsenalcock, luvgonzo and PINKIE like this.
  7. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

Started in finance working in the credit control team at the British Standards Institute when I left school, then moved on to Deloitte to work in their accounts team. Then went in to business for myself with my stepfather so left deloitte to be finance director of a construction/maintenance firm doing remedial repairs for Transport For London. Had a year of excess and rolling in cash before my stepdads lavish spending and coke habit brought our company to its knees. That was in 2008. So started from scratch joining a technical support call centre for Adidas/Reebok (same company) then the fools loved me and decided after a few years to put me in charge of all UK technical services. Now I run the UK support desk for all Reebok and Adidas home fitness. Which is ironic because I am so out of shape its a joke, and I smoke and I have FSHD which is a degenerative muscular disease which means i am slowly becoming cripple and need a medley of opioids and other painkillers just to walk <ok> anyway thats my story

PINKIE likes this.
  8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Can you get me any cheap Yeezys ?

9. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

If that dozy bint May get's another 5 years, you might not get a pension worth anything anyway !

10. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

So you're an ex-Copper ?

(would explain the grassing)

BobbyD likes this.

11. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Police dog handler sounds like code for a gay sex act participant.

12. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I work in security, a security officer at a recycling Plant with some offices attached to the side. Suits me to the ground. No one watching over me, no one telling me how to do my job and what to do. Get time off with some simple re organizing. Suits me to the ground...not up for burning my brain for others to make their riches.

An ex works at HSBC....Band A wage..blah blah....her job, the environment, the people, their thinking...not for me....Stick me in an office and it makes me :emoticon-0119-puke:

Any job where i have to sell my soul, im not interested for love or for money.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
    BobbyD, Hoddle is a god and PINKIE like this.
  13. DUNCAN DONUTS

I bet there are a lot of wasps

14. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Explain this joke please so i can rip you a new ring piece if necessary.

15. DUNCAN DONUTS

Where you work, there must be a lot of wasps ?
    It was a genuine question not a joke ?

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  16. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

First job was in a Supermarket...worked there 5 years part time to help me get through Uni....mid 90's sometime. I applied to be a Fireman, passed all my exams failed my independent eye test on my right eye, that idea was binned. Did evening classes and learned a Trade...Joining, Roofing, building extensions. My oldest 2 brothers have been in the building trade all their lives. Made sense to me and picked it up easily. Did that for about 10 years..then thought **** it. Problem with me is once im out of love, money or nothing else sways me. No doubt that has resulted in my lack of 'ambition' to conquer the world. However...deep down i dont want for much. Peace of mind, simple things, im happy. In the process of buying my second property. Throw that one on rent too..and its cool. I'll think of a plan of action for the next 15 years too..but not yet...enjoying watching my lad grow up.

PINKIE likes this.
  17. DUNCAN DONUTS

You missed out weed shotter

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  18. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Hmmm, think ive seen a few in my time there. It's a recycling plant for Electrical goods coming back from the likes of John Lewis, Dixons to name but a few. Alot of Eastern european pussy there though...cute. Its set across from some beautiful scenery, full of Rapeseed. The owner brings his pellet gun and shoots the Pigeons every now and again. Brought a Hawk in once too in order to scare them. Once i am sure i saw a UFO..never shared it with anyone though incase they thought i was stoned.

Hoddle is a god likes this.
  19. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Picked up a Grade of Amsterdam's finest on Friday..got 3 bags left, want one?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
  20. DUNCAN DONUTS

It was probably poisoning from fridge gas tripping you out