1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What is the best way for QPR to get promoted?

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by awjm, Jun 25, 2017.

1. YappyR

YappyR Well-Known Member

Don't lose?

2. Kilburn

Kilburn Well-Known Member

That was Ollie's approach with Blackpool in the PL - lots of goals, but not necessarily on the right end of the final result.

Relegated they scored 55 goals with 78 conceded - only 7 other teams scored more goals (2 of them with 56 goals).

Now if only our team could start scoring goals again and tighten up the defence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010–11_Blackpool_F.C._season

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
    awjm likes this.
  3. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

I admit that it was also my hope with the Ollie appointment that we go to a high pressing, free flowing and fast attacking team that scores goals.

4. GroveRanger

GroveRanger Well-Known Member

For proof of that Huddersfield and Brighton need only look at Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley and to other former yoyo clubs like Stoke and West Brom to see that working as a unit is more important than having a few big names. I think Leicester winning the Prem was a definite blip but just goes to show what is possible.

Look at the "big" clubs languishing in the Championship or below to see how the mighty can fall.

Up the R's!!!

QPRski likes this.
  5. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

You know what I would say but I am not going to.

6. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

The current Premiership transfer prices and wages for "skillful players" is crazy and we are on a pocket-money budget in comparison. As a result we have no option to get a grafting and hard working team, but hope fully playing with a clear style.

As mentioned previously, just by playing consistently well (10 points for 6 matches) for the whole season will get a team to the playoffs with possible promotion. We have even done it twice recently.

The next step is sustainability in the Premiership and other teams have achieved it (Bournemouth, Watford, Burnley) and we failed very badly, much to my pain and even jealously. The Leicester example is rare and probably will not quickly be repeated, but it happened!

Anyway, at this stage of the season there is a lot of hope, however we will certainly have a reality check by the end of August with our opening fixtures. Let's hope that all the bits fall into place and we have a positive experience.

awjm likes this.