1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What is next?

Discussion in 'Watford' started by LuxWFC, Apr 25, 2011.

1. LuxWFC

LuxWFC Member

Well beating the (probable) Champions QPR for a double derby is still something positive for us to aim for this season!

Now that I can't keep dreaming of 6th place....I think it's time to prepare ourselves for next season.

Who will leave? Is Danny really destined to leave us? The only other I could see going is Cowie (as his contract is short?). I'm not sure any other players are worth enough or have proven themselves enough to be sold. Hopefully we can hold onto Danny...but even if we can't Deeney and Sordell have shown that they can perform at this level....hopefully they can both bang in the goals next season.

Who will come in....if anyone? Sure we have a lot of youth ready to step up....but who knows what will happen with Bazzini and other unknowns taking over. What of the Craig Conway rumour?

Loan signings will surely be vital for us....though I fear that more and more...bigger teams with lots of money in this league are muscling smaller teams out of the loan market. If we're going to loan anyone in....let it be someone who will inspire us to victories....no more Drinkwater's!!!!!

2. Norwayhornet

Norwayhornet Well-Known Member

Good article Moose! I would like to see us beat the steptoes and if possible finish top 10 (2 wins would give us a shot at that)!
    I` m sure Next weekend will be his last home game in a watford shirt ,we have no one else to cash in (and we still have a seasons operating loss of 2.5m to offset,ontop of the 12m plus owed!). People coming in if any will be scottish or lower league bets!(as per usual) !
    I think Troy and Marvin will kick on and do ok for us next season! If we can get a reasonable LB and a couple of loanees that we can have for the entire season and be half decent!(I think SAF owes us one after DD), then we should be able to keep on progressing!
    The big variable that scares the hell out of me is MrB!

3. LuxWFC

LuxWFC Member

Indeed! From hidden treasures to Notts County like activities....there's no means of knowing what the new owners's plans and capabilities are.

4. North North Watford

North North Watford Active Member

The watch word for this summer is stability. If we can get through to September with the same Watford players, replacing Graham if necessary, we should be well placed. A permanent left back would be a massive bonus.

5. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

In theory we are better placed this year than last as our running costs have been brought right down and we have finally got to the end of contracts like Ellington. Fromhere it is about managing the club sensibly.

Let's hope Baz will do that

6. LuxWFC

LuxWFC Member

Sadler and Ellington off our books is possibly going to make us £1m+ better off?????

The loan repayments have been held off for a little bit longer...I do wonder whether we may just go for it next year...and if when the time comes to pay up we haven't improved on our situation....then start to sell players.

7. tworossjenkins

Sheff Utd going down means Darius might be looking to stay in the Championship. Can we afford him - do we want him???????????

8. Norwayhornet

No and not really! Even if DG moves on we still have better already at the club!

9. wear_yellow

wear_yellow Well-Known Member

As long as we beat The Steptoes come Saturday...I will live on that for a couple of weeks - and of course the filth blowing their play-offs again!

10. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So much does depend on Mr. B and whoever else might be involved.

Segro( Nigel Rich) do build to order, retain ownership, then lease out buildings.

Could that be what is in mind for a new stand? Just a different line of thought that might be totally wrong.

11. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Henderson was only half the player when he could not team up with King - did not rate him on his own

12. Norwayhornet

I think that is fairly accurate Leo Hardly set the steel city alight has he!

13. North North Watford

North North Watford Active Member

Bit harsh Norway.

Darius Henderson did a fantastic job for Watford last month. As did Lee Williamson. It was great to have them back at the Vic.

And hey, we weren't even paying them. Now that's what I call value for money.

14. Norwayhornet

15. Hornette_TID

Hornette_TID Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

lmao @ NNW! Loyal to the end ;)

16. Roowfc

Roowfc Member

DG will go(its allready been leaked 20+ clubs interested) otherwise unsure depends on which youngsters step up

17. Norwayhornet

If 20 plus clubs are interested its dutch auction time!!!

Do I hear 10 million?

18. Elixir69

Elixir69 Member

I share everyone's concern with Bazini, it is clear the club will bring in cash by player sales and Danny needs to pay for that flash new Range Rover!

Darius Henderson - where did that one come from? I thought that Troy Deeney was signed to cover "plan B", but I haven't seen it much (Notts Co cup). Henderson is history.