1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What do you think should (will) be Rosberg's tactics in the next four races?

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by dhel, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Just going back to the debate about Merc restricting strategy between their drivers and effectively orchestrating them to the finish line, I forgot that Merc are the only team to have one strategist for both drivers.

El_Bando and u408379965 like this.
  2. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

Yeah that's ****ed. Hopefully Ferrari will be close enough that they don't have that "luxury" next season.

EternalMSC and Smithers like this.
  3. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

I hope Vettel is Mercedes strategist next season, in that he has that team in the palm of his hands.

4. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

That explains too much

5. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Another example of the above. I don't agree with it for either driver but I have had a right chuckle on media reading all the #LH44 fans comments re favouritism. Don't think they figured out that Lewis having won more races as technically benefited from it more. At least Ferrari were blatant about it and I would give Merc more credit if they just employed a true No2.

6. u408379965

Hamilton's moaning about it on the podium was pretty pathetic, he hasn't had a problem with it until the last two races when the boot's been on the other. He only wants to race when he's behind.

7. Sportista

Sportista Well-Known Member

Who exactly is he meant to race if he's leading?

8. u408379965

The guy behind him maybe? He always says he doesn't like winning easy and all that (just yesterday he was saying it in the post-quali press conference), but he has no qualms about Rosberg not being allowed to change strategy to attack him while he's leading a race. Then today when he's second he's asking for his strategy to be changed and complains about Mercedes' policy on the podium, saying "I just want to race". When he won in Spain last year he had Rosberg all over him like a rash for the entire race and had a face like slapped arse afterwards, he wants easy wins as much as the next guy.

9. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

My bold (above). Tell me anyone who wants to race when ahead! Guessing your response: are you talking of Barry Sheene?

Whether or not Sheene was an exception – and in every sense, I feel he was (at least) the equal to Roberts had they had equal machinery throughout their respective careers – the occasions when I felt he'd backed off for a bit of sport were usually countered (in the aftermath) by the American press. Sheene was a playboy: he flaunted controversy and derision in roughly equal measure. Roberts was (and is) less of a playboy.

With the possible exception of Sheene, nobody leading a race wants 'a race' ! :)

10. Sportista

Sportista Well-Known Member

Ok, see what you mean now.

I think you're just picking up on the LH PR machine. Peer behind the curtain and you'll see that most of what is said, doesn't match any observable facts.

11. u408379965

No I agree, but that's contrary to what Hamilton says. He was happy to have sly digs at Vettel saying he wouldn't want to win races like that and that he wants to fight, but when it comes down to it he's like everyone else.

EternalMSC and Smithers like this.