1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

WHAT DID WE LEARN TODAY

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by johngalleyfan2, Feb 4, 2017.

1. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

CITY have a long way to go to being a team that needs to be reckoned with
    the transfer activity over the past month has given some of our close league neighbours an up lift, you cant write any of them off ........
    Burton and Blackburn are by no means dead in the water .. in fact both could rise into the lower part of the middle 8/10 teams. Blackburns manager said before January window " I have a good squad just need that bit of luck.
    Wigan and Rotherham will get better, Wigan brought in over half a new team on the last day! OK we /some of us didn't rate O'donnel but for a long time was one of the top Championship Goalie's! they also brought in a couple others for defence and ekstrand!
    Above are teams we need equal in terms of points, we need also to drag other teams in, Like QPR and Wolves although I see Wolves following Cardiff up the table
    The enigma is going to be Florest .. currently 1-1 with Villa but starting to reel in the points

WHAT WE DO NOT WANT is our manager coming out with comments like the following...
    "Now we are on a good run, with a draw and a win and we have to maintain that good run."

2. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

As he gone yet

3. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

Report on Otib that Chris Wilder at Sheffield United was offered the job. Probably bull but a bit of a random name to make up. Give Rowett the job and do it quick SL or you will regret it, relegation beckons.

Red Robin likes this.
  4. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

Why Rowett? What's he done? He'll be the next Dougie Freeman

5. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Me personally didn't learn anything today. But my granddaughter learnt that by just walking up to me and say "me love you dandad" gets her even more sweets :)

Supcon72 and Red Robin like this.
  6. johngalleyfan2

should be discouraged ..
    1 .. bad for her teeth
    2 .. bad for her diet and general health
    3 .. she only loves you for the sweets not for the real you .... :emoticon-0105-wink:

7. ibodyslamrhinos

ibodyslamrhinos Active Member

I can remember my first 5 or 6 games when I was a little lad, I don't think I ever saw us score a goal let alone win. The wine gums and the chance to stay up well past my bedtime were the main reason I loved going. Then Scott Murray arrived.

RedorDead likes this.
  8. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

My first game was a 0-0 - Birmingham (what a freak combination !)
    I remember looking at the nets and wondering, if somebody scores will I wet meself :emoticon-0102-bigsm

9. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

The thing is; if LJ hasn't been replaced after guiding us to our longest run of defeats in the clubs history, then it's hardly likely to happen after gaining 4 points over the last 2 games.

smhbcfc likes this.
  10. johngalleyfan2

various replies on various threads have picked up the need to gel, battle hardened, new faces time, loanee's etc etc
    In the summer after a very good transfer window ..and at the time 6 new teams ..and most on here saying "give him a chance , give him 10 games, then I will decide" were almost all in the boat paddling merrily with the flow, a couple bad results had the start of a few rumour mongerers, and the incumbent hangers on shouting get him out ..
    .at a time when things are difficult that is the time to stay strong as a team .. from SL down through to the youngest supporter .. it never happened ...1 side of the raft peeled off and it got stuck in an eddy, the other rafts catching up and going past through turbulent waters whilst the City efforts were being distracted.
    in the eddy the waters calmed, and new crewmen were found to replace those washed overboard .... ( start of the season remember 10 games? ) and finally after a series of near misses, getting out of the eddy found themselves back in the flow.. now staying with that isolated group at the back of the race.
    So now we should be looking at 10 games .. 2 down and 8 to go .. the initial plan was
    BUILD A YOUNG TEAM, with some experience, and seasoned mentors to consolidate and look to the future, we are doing that, but some are unable to go with the flow and have jumped ship.
    the distraction of putting up amateur bed sheets daubed in paint, or those starting rumours does no one any good .. even when told by 3 levels of the club "we are all looking to, and indeed are pulling in the direction that is going to work" they still disbelieve ...

" HEY YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE" no its not, that's just steam from the kettle . "BUT THERE IS FLAMES IN THE WINDOW" its not flames just a reflection of the sunset ....

a week later seen in the local charity shop buying clothes ... " didn't know you shopped here?".......... I don't usually but last week my house burned down!

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017