1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Burly Arms

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Lovearsenalcock, Feb 2, 2017.

1. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Met a Japanese guy once in the bar who had kind of a haze in his eyes . I asked him if he had a cataract .. he sais " No , I've got a Rincoln Continental "

PINKIE likes this.
  2. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Tokyo is expensive! Outside maybe cheaper.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I guess any major city is going to be expensive, other than places like Agadir, Mombassa, Delhi etc. I'll have to do some research to see what the costs are like. The flights are the right price and I'll be looking to do a house exchange, so that will keep the costs down. I usually swap cars when I travel this way too, so it's just spending money really.

4. seabreeze

If you want a great holiday , come to Canada . Lots to see . Our 3 biggest National Parks put together is bigger than England . Hitch hiked across it a few times in the 70's , best times of my life . Seriously , you could do worse than a Canadian holiday .

5. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Spent a week in The Algonquin national park when I lived in the USA. Lovely place, but the blackfly and mosquitoes!!!!....

PINKIE and seabreeze like this.
  6. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I've got a half hatched plan to fly to Seattle, rent an RV and drive through BC. I want to do another big trip with my daughter before she starts school properly, as otherwise flight prices go through the roof during school holidays. Where in Canada would you recommend.

7. seabreeze

Oh I know , I'm a big camper . Camp a lot in Waterton Lakes in Southern Alberta and can get eaten alive . Never camped there without seeing a bear or two in the campsite

Lovearsenalcock and PINKIE like this.
  8. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

I saw bears in Sequoia national park the year before last. I really like the whole RV experience, and the campgrounds in the US are really well set up. I'd expect Canada is pretty similar in terms of accessibility ?

seabreeze likes this.
  9. seabreeze

I think you can catch the ferry from Seattle to Victoria on Vancouver island . Great place the island . Was stationed there in the early 70's in the army . Victoria Day was a super time their . The queen came there on her boat in 71 or 72 for Victoria Day . Bunch of streets closed off for street dances and bands . What a time it was .

Lovearsenalcock and PINKIE like this.
  10. seabreeze

I recommend pretty well anywhere , I've lived in almost every Province . The Maritimes is superb , great people . Newfoundland 2 .. best people in the World IMO , do anything for you . But I settled in the west . I love Southern Alberta , been here for 41 years now . But like I say , anywhere will be a fun , healthy visit .

PINKIE likes this.

11. The Ginger Marks

Did Manitoba some years back, great carp fishing on the Red River.

PINKIE likes this.
  12. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Do you fancy doing a house exchange with me in Cornwall ? As long as you don't use all of my cologne and leave skid marks in my toilet when I return <laugh>

Lovearsenalcock and Skylarker like this.
  13. The Ginger Marks

Wouldn't be seen dead in your toilet Piskie. <laugh>

Skylarker, Lovearsenalcock and PINKIE like this.
  14. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

Yep <ok>

15. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

At 65 you've well exceeded that time mate.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  16. Dier Hard

Dier Hard G'day mate!

Got back from Malta in the early hours of Monday morning, absolutely loved it as some of you said I would.

Didn't venture too far north of the island in the end, mainly due to the collapse of the azure window a couple weeks back which would've been one of the main things I would've wanted to see but managed to get around Valletta, Sliema, St Julians, Mosta, Mdina, Birkirkara and a few other little places all in the three days we had while also catching some rays. The view of the 'Three Cities' from the Upper Barrakka Gardens in Valletta is just incredible.

Night life was very decent too, didn't get in until 06:30 on one night, time just flew by.

Would definitely recommend it to anyone that hasn't been before. Gutted I only went for a long weekend, will look to do a week there either later in the year or next and venture more north/ north west.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017
  17. seabreeze

In more than one way Skylarker .
    Won't go into to many details but met with a guy at a given location to iron out our differences. He owed me , I was in the right he was in the wrong .. we both knew it . Got there and he was already there , his back leaned up to the front of his truck with his arms folded on his chest . I could tell he was as scared of me as I was of him .. which was not at all . When I approached him I was more worried about his feet than anything . When I got there we had words , I asked for what I was owed .. he told me to fuk off and I pushed him . Little did I know ( it was duskish ) in his right hand sort of hidden was a 2 foot long , quarter inch thick piece of iron rod that he proceeded to give me a backhand across the face that Sampras would have been proud of lol .
    I managed to turn my head a bit to the left at impact and blacked out on impact with the last thing I seen was his eyes out the corner of mine . Not sure how long I was blacked out for but when I came to , we were 20 feet away . He was on his back on the pavement and I was on the top cycle of what must have looked like a one armed push up on his throat by any passerby's and I was pushing the life right out of him . I let go quickly and watched him spurt and sputter back for a full breath . Most I've been scared in a fight . When he was almost back to normal he gave me what he owed me and we parted ways . Of them all , this was the guy I wish I would have punched and kicked the most , but it's just not in me . Sorry , I'll tell no more stories . But it's true , you don't know what you'll do when confronted , and sometimes you may not know what your doing which is scarier still .

Lovearsenalcock and Skylarker like this.
  18. Skylarker

Skylarker PL High Commissioner

Roofy on his way back from the pub...

please log in to view this image

PINKIE likes this.
  19. seabreeze

Funny you should say that Sky , I'm pretty sure I haven't been to a bar since that night , if I was it would be to get somebody out and only for a moment .. gotta be going on almost 15 odd years . That " Missing Time " has had a profoundly negative affect on me mentally . To not know what happened is truly bothersome , trust me . Events have fallen off dramatically since my departure from bars .

20. paultheplug

paultheplug Well-Known Member

Is this some coded message about you and Pete's wife