1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What about this then.

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Mar 1, 2017.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

He is allegedly backing NW in his promotion quest next season. If that succeeds then the club would be a more saleable asset so I expect him to stick with City.

I have no interest in his other clubs

3. Stevoldinho

Stevoldinho Well-Known Member

4. Jay-Rede

Jay-Rede Well-Known Member

There is absolutely no hope in hell's chance that Tan is going to sell anytime soon. Who would want to buy us? It's much easier to sell a team pushing for promotion or already gained promotion than to sell a mid table team (I know we are currently in great form and long may it continue) but Tan has put too much of his money into the club to sell it at the moment.

5. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Agree with all the above although it would be nice to have someone with upwards of £150m spare cash keen to take us on. Form an orderly queue please!!!

6. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I suspect this comes from America and his minimal involvement with that MLS Los Angeles franchise.

He's a control freak at heart and I couldn't understand why he'd take such a minor role in a venture in which he'd have little influence. Maybe he's seen the light over there and wants to pull the plug on it. The rest about his other clubs could be assumed or just fabricated.

Dalman has admitted they've been approached about selling City but like everyone else on here, I can't see it in the short term unless someone offered him stupid money.

7. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

no smoke without fire or a donaldy trump type fake news........but at the end of it all what will be will be, our club future is out of our hands

8. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

Where are things up to with the conversion of debt into equity? I seem to remember a timetable that had to be ratified under FFP and by the Malaysian government but cant remember the outcome.

9. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

We're paying back the debt at £8 million a year which eats into FFP quite a considerable amount however should leave us debt free soon.

10. Ccfc4ever

Ccfc4ever Well-Known Member

Anyone who honestly believes Vincent Tan is willing to sell the club only a week after committing to a promotion push next season seriously needs to give their head a wobble.

Jay-Rede likes this.

11. Blue Sheep

Blue Sheep Well-Known Member

12. BluefromBridgend

Good to see him make a public statement. Lets be honest, he's a business man (and a bloody successful one too). He would be mad not to sell if the right offer was made. Not quite so sure about "the right person" limitation but that is subjective anyway.

As Sheepy says he compares very favourably against the likes of the Venky's, the Florist owners, the mad box of frogs at Leeds, the idiots at Birmingham and many others. It would nice to see him at a home game this season. I think he would get a much better reception now.

13. isawronnymoorescore

isawronnymoorescore Well-Known Member

I think the core 15,000 that turn up week in week out would give him a good welcome. Its the Tan out brigade (anyone and everyone out until we are back in the 4th div) that would be moaning. However none of them attend any longer. Are they Cardiff City supporters i ask myself. The answer is surely a resounding No.
    Would be nice to see 20k+ turn up for the brum match. Especially if we win our next 2.

DaiJones and Jay-Rede like this.
  14. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

As a business man he will always open to offers, it will have to be a big offer for Tan to walk away anyone who thinks he would sell of £50m is in cloud cuckoo land.

15. Jay-Rede

I certainly would give him a warm welcome. He has made some mistakes in his time but is avidly working to right them. I've remained a season ticket holder throughout it all, we are there to support the team and as we all know owners, players, managers etc come and go, the (true, loyal) fans are there to the death.

BluefromBridgend and DaiJones like this.
  16. DaiJones

DaiJones Well-Known Member

I used to be in the Ninian stand in the next block from AA, CC and Dai Hunt, I'm now in the Grandstand and noticed the that block is less than a quarter full don't these high profile so called leaders attend any longer?

Jay-Rede likes this.
  17. Jay-Rede

Dai Hunt is over by me now in the Canton <doh>.. Please take him back!!!!!!!!

18. BluefromBridgend

They still let him out? Does his carer sit with him?

19. Jay-Rede

I'm just surprised he's learned other names other than Darren Purse.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  20. aberdude

aberdude Well-Known Member

of course they r Cardiff supporters Ronnie>>>>>>>>its just some take regime changes in different ways>>>>>>look at the man utd lot that started up a real club run by supporters...........they walked out of man utd when it sold its soul 2 yankie debt...........so who`s right or wrong is a matter for the individual <ok>

I saddens me 2 think how short some people`s memories are>>>>>>>>>>>we were in the 4th division not so long ago and where were them 15000 Cardiff loyal then hey>>>>>>>>>>ONE THING I DO KNOW IS THE ONES THAT WENT AGAINST TANS RED WERE PART OF THAT THREE 2 FOUR THOUSAND IN THE BAD OLD DAYS