1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What a load of speel

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Mar 8, 2017.

1. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

It's just a bit irritating when you put words in my mouth mate, I haven't said Pembo was crap and I haven't said he was definitely part of the problem. I've not seen anything 100% suggesting that either.

I don't understand why you have to blame a coach, when you say 'if it was not Holden and its not Johnson that leaves?'. That's not how it works. There doesn't have to be one single person at fault.

And LJ is performing crap, yes. I'm not saying the coaches are performing badly (truth is I don't know). I'm just saying there's nothing to suggest that Pembo was doing a good job. Nothing at all. And yet there is uproar.

Definitely not. I think you may have the wrong end of the stick here.

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

no fella you were dishing it out. people did say what I posted.

anyway heres is what I think. Johnson is the PROBLEM, 100%. John Pemberton when allowed does have a positive influence on the team. when Pemberton took over from Cotterill the team defensively did improve. it was steady formations facts are in his results. form turned around. the now is Johnson has got his man Holden in. Johnson has put his ideas in place and the team is a mess.

Pemberton became a problem because he is good at what he did. teams cannot make this many changes and expect to be consistent. it is all Johnsons fault. and soon I wont be posting at all because I wont be having an opinion on something I wont be watching anymore.

3. BCFCRob

Tell me where I've said Pembo is crap. Quote me. It's not true.

You may well be right mate, but the point is, none of us know, and there's nothing to back it up, no evidence whatsoever. Therefore the uproar is uncalled for. That's literally my point.

4. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

The problem is that most on here points the finger at LJ and they could all be right, the buck stops with him, so the finger has to do the same, right?
    But we're not there day in day out, so we don't really know what the problems are.
    As for Pembo, he was only there for a few games before LJ arrived.....the fact we played the same system under Cotts for so long, his changes to the games he was in charge of was probably an element of surprise to others!! I can't be convinced over a few games he was our solution.
    Looks like LJ will be here for a while and it won't take long to find out if getting rid of Pembo was the right call!

5. BCFCRob

Interesting point about Cotts that to be fair, looking back at old videos I find myself longing for him to be back, perhaps with a more successful summer transfer window. But I have to keep reminding myself, he refused to change formation even when it was going continually badly. Literally the opposite of LJ it seems!

6. oneforthebristolcity

I find it a bit strange, that he's done nothing in management since, seen him as a pundit on Sky, but that's it.....
    Sometimes. with managers, it just clicks into place...I believe it did, when he was here...for one season..

BCFCRob likes this.
  7. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

wasn't there some "rumour" he is still on the books? Would make sense financially to pay him off "monthly" on his contract, should he get a job then they pay a severance? and haven't funded him up front!

8. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Neither are a parallel. FA coaching courses including EUFA licence contain information on clubs structure roles, and best coaching practice ... The topics I have been posting about.

Fair play for your long standing dedication to kids to adult football ... I will leave it there.

9. oneforthebristolcity

Not all managers/coaches that have the required licence make good ones mate, plenty out there that don't have one would/could make an excellent manager/coach.
    Just means you're supposed to have to have one if you manage a prem club....just a bit of paper, all a bit worthless to a point if you ask me..