1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

What a load of speel

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Robin, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

if its a game of drop your pants and brag who has the biggest credentials you might be onto a loser big time there. noticed nothings being posted about Jamie Mac think again somebody knows him through coaching and wont be letting on what goes on.

2. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Not bragging about anything, I'm purely emphasising that not all clubs management operate in the same way and we don't know the ins & outs or the setups involved.
    Expressing what was done at the club I managed was to give an insight of an assistants role & influence...Maybe Jamie Macs style of coaching is more up to date with the times.......being able to adapt to different formations etc. Take the blinkers off, there's a bigger world full of surprises!!

3. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

All the time Lee is at Ashton Gate we are going to have trouble and this board is reflecting the animosity and unanswered questions our manager is creating. If by chance we stay up and Lee is still here how would it look if he was pushed (promoted) upstairs and the given the task of hiring a new manager to replace himself? Lansdown can then say it is a reward for him keeping us up and because of his wonderful footballing experience he has his choice of new manager, with no limit on money, to run the football stuff on the pitch. Just imagine that scenario and imagine who he might choose and it would be interesting to see if he would hire a top class man or someone in his own image (how old are his kids?) Despite my comments I really want him gone far far away from Bristol but just in case my scenario should come to pass, considering the utterly bewildering decisions made at boardroom level, do you have any ideas who he might pick? Jamie possibly because there was something odd about that decision mainly due to the love-in at Ashton Gate.

4. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

Does seem weird that to be fair, but I'd guess it's coincidence. I fail to see what he could have done singularly to cause such a devastating collapse.

5. BrightredRickster

BrightredRickster Well-Known Member

Wrong
    LJ is going somewhere
    League 1, along with everyone else

6. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

This is a good one to miss and watch on sky.
    Leave the seats empty for sky to take up on national tv.

A text reminding us,we will go if we wish,but a good one to show your feelings.

Reminder: Bristol City v Huddersfield Town - the date & time of this fixture has changed to Friday, March 17th, 7.45pm kick-off. Opt out txt STOP to 60070

7. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

To stop LJ f---ing our club up anymore txt Sack Him to 60070

gdknac and Red Robin like this.
  8. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

What level of Senior football was this? Are you licensed?

If you are licensed and experienced in running football above Briz pop your CV into Bristol City you will do a better job than Lee Johnson.

I hope he is actively coaching. According to a recent interview the set up is also to allow Lee Johnson more time to look at potential recruits, that was until he asked for John Pemberton to be removed.

Mr Johnson should be delegating coaching tasks. It is not practical 1 v 30 to devote hours thoroughly and then there is the thought of Lee Johnson hands on coaching the keepers!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  9. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

Hartcliff under 8s?

10. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Well he will be at least DBS checked to coach kids, being BS13 probably not squeaky clean, but no multiple felon.

11. Red Alert

then what did John Pemberton do at the same time to cause such a collapse ? got Johnson in a chinese burn and made him play all these formations and now a 37 year up top?

12. BCFCRob

Who's saying John Pemberton caused the collapse?

13. Red Alert

well if it was not Holden and its not Johnson that leaves? and on this thread people are saying he must be crap because the results speak for themselves and he was part of the problem.

14. robin_unreliant

robin_unreliant Active Member

When Holden joined I recall the message being that LJ would spend most of his time 1:1 with players. Leaving the team coaching to JP and DH. Which to me was a smokescreen so Lee could blame someone else if the team were unable to deliver his 'pitch personality' - whatever the hell that means.
    Just another way for the clown to sidestep responsibility and have a fall guy all ready to take the blame.
    SL has totally lost his judgement and any faith I had that he might be learning from past cock ups on the manager front.

15. BCFCRob

You do realise that you don't always HAVE to pick one single coach to blame? It's entirely possible (though not the case here) that none are to blame.

And no one has said he must be crap. No one has said he must be part of the problem. All I've said is that those arguing he should have stayed and that he was amazing have no evidence to base it on. And also that they wouldn't have stuck up for Dean Holden in the same way. Making things up mate.

16. oneforthebristolcity

No not licensed. CV consists of co managing from under 7s through to under 16s. Then formed a new club in Senior Sunday mornings. promoted 3 seasons running. Felt the players at the club needed a better level, so took over an existing club in Saturday Suburban, changed club name and pulled in sponsors and reached Prem 1.
    Of course VERY far away from any professional level, but throughout the fundamentals are very similar.
    Yes and for your information I do in fact have a certificate enabling me to work with children (not sure if it's still valid) as we trained at a secondary school of which we invited some of the older boys to train with us with intentions of weaning them into the club..
    All gone tits up now for various reasons and I've been out of it for a few years but believe the club is still operating!!

So not qualified for anything, but have a small idea how most of it works!!

17. Red Alert

Christ fella want to wind your neck in getting uppity. not sure what you are getting vexed about. in this thread there are posts saying Pemberton was part of the problem!!! results speak for themselves etc!!! I leave it to others to make stuff up.

I don't think the coaches are too be blamed when Johnson baffles people week by week!!! the bloke is defying logic being here.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  18. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Get SOD back <laugh>

19. oneforthebristolcity

Who's to say that Pembo wasn't part of the problem? Maybe wasn't coaching as instructed.....Just saying....I guess we will find out sooner or later!!

20. Red Alert

BCFC Rob. I think. Or maybe not. Not sure if he was defending attacking or both or stuck in between in his post. Reminds me of a not so tall bloke in BS3!!!